What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jodiej1913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Jodie, spectacular waking numbers. Really well done. I am doing very well thank you apart from having a sleeping soaking wet and shampooed puppy sprawled across my lap. On this mornings walk she decided the stream looked quite nice and legged into it.

Hope you enjoy you day I be off soon to go to a birthday party

D

Diabeticliberty

We were invited to dinner last night by the parents of one of my son's classmates that we are on friendly terms we are with.

They are not aware of my diabetes and dinner was a Chinese food buffet. Delicious but not low carb. I served myself smallish helpings of whatever looked the least carb heavy, losing so much weight recently actually came to my aid in this case as everybody assumed that I was still on diet. I did not want to mention diabetes for fear that would put the hosts in an uncomfortable position feeling they should have made special dietary provision for me.

I took care of any remaining hunger by generous helpings of nuts with my drink.

At the end of the night I was at 5,2 mmol, which in the circumstances I thought of as almost miraculously good.

Fasting glucose this morning also 5,2.

Have a great weekend.

Your blood sugars came out good because let's face facts. You are a diabetic man of steel. Mr Carb sees you and screams 'He's here, quick leg it'

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Not looking too bad weather wise this morning here, I think Mr Gee and I are going back to the DIY at mum's today after it was interrupted by our trip to Lancashire, all the filling and sanding bits are done and now on to the paint, picture me covered in pale blue paint splats ;)
My kind of painting. Goodluck:D

Reactions: Granny_grump_

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Not looking too bad weather wise this morning here, I think Mr Gee and I are going back to the DIY at mum's today after it was interrupted by our trip to Lancashire, all the filling and sanding bits are done and now on to the paint, picture me covered in pale blue paint splats ;)
happy diy-ing :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Best news I've had all week. Really glad things are turning for you. I know you've been through the grinder lately.
Aww, thanks diabeticliberty. Still got to go for the camera down the throat thingy on Monday, flu jab on Tuesday and physio the following Monday but much easier to cope without infections to deal with!:)

D

Diabeticliberty

6. something this morning, I took the reading, got sidetracked and can't remember the number now.:hilarious:.

Enjoy your day.:D:D

A most scientific approach to blood testing. 6 point something however does sound very good. I like it, I like it. I might try the approach on tomorrow's report. Have a luvverley luvverley day

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to you all. After several weeks of not-so-good weather, I woke up to blue skies, no clouds in sight. Weather forecasts says temperatures will go up to 25 degrees centigrade this weekend. I am still trying to decide what I will do to enjoy this fine weather.

Blood sugars were 4.4 this morning.

D

debrasue

hi I went to some friends house once for evening meal and even though they new I was type 1 diabetic they dished me up a full salad with 2 tiny potatoes. I had to keep asking for the bread to be passed around. id just injected a right good dose of insulin. have a good day tony
I guess the sad fact is that - even with diabetes becoming more and more prevalent in today's society - those who don't suffer from it have very little idea how to handle it. Even the most diligent hosts are frequently clueless about their diabetic guests' dietary needs. I don't think it's down to indifference, but rather a lack of education on the topic generally across all cultures.