What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We do have a lot to contend with but then so do type 2's. Poor control will still lead to the same potentially ****** outcome, regardless of type. You have the media and a lot of other really ignorant and poorly informed sources very wrongly pointing the finger of blame at you all saying your condition is all your own fault. It is absolutely not your own fault. You have a health service that quite frankly offers the vast majority of you all a pretty third rate service when it comes to supporting you all in the management of your condition. They stitch you all up with flimsy excuses for denying you testing equipment and when you question the decision they stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and sing. la, la, la, la.
Yes, Diabeticliberty,we type 2s have much to cope with too.The most frustrating thing for me is that I was never obese and was just newly retired from a very active job when diagnosed,but sixteen years ago there wasn't so much finger pointing in the press.Because of the diet I've adopted in many people's opinion I'm now getting too thin.(I'm not,5ft 2 and10st+)This is usually voiced by those who could do to lose some weight themselves.The great thing about this forum is we share our problems so can battle on.My mission is to show the hps that I was right all along despite being a little old lady!!;):) Just amend that to opinionated little old lady!

Last edited:

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you have or don't have one it is really a personal choice. With the greatest of respect though no matter how good we control ourselves if you get flu and our immune systems are a little bit weaker than your average Joe Soap the effects will make you feel a million times worse for a million times longer than the jab. My first flu jab ever and I was laid up for a week with some lurgy or another. I swore blind that it was the jab my doctor insisted it wasn't. The next year I swerved the jab and did get influenza. I couldn't get out of bed for over 10 days and took about 3 months to fully recover. It was absolutely horrible.

The flu vaccine is made with inactivated flu virus. Believe they only use the virus parts which promote the immune response. Since the virus is no longer live it cannot give a person flu. Would agree with your GP which does not happen very often. LOL

D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning to you all. After several weeks of not-so-good weather, I woke up to blue skies, no clouds in sight. Weather forecasts says temperatures will go up to 25 degrees centigrade this weekend. I am still trying to decide what I will do to enjoy this fine weather.

Blood sugars were 4.4 this morning.

Good food and fine wine are the building blocks which are held together by the glue of fine weather. All of these go together to make an excellent weekend. What are you waiting for? :)

D

Diabeticliberty

The flu vaccine is made with inactivated flu virus. Believe they only use the virus parts which promote the immune response. Since the virus is no longer live it cannot give a person flu. Would agree with your GP which does not happen very often. LOL

Yeah I now know that. The thing was though at the time when the day after the injection I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 2222 it seemed to make sense. Spooky things happen in my alternative reality. It's a bit like the Twilight Zone with fly fishing and a labrador

D

debrasue

Yeah I now know that. The thing was though at the time when the day after the injection I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 2222 it seemed to make sense. Spooky things happen in my alternative reality. It's a bit like the Twilight Zone with fly fishing and a labrador
Well, don't beat yourself up too much about it - I had exactly the same experience as you, and I personally know a couple of other people who've reacted to it in the same way. And I got 'flu followed by pneumonia when I avoided the jab, so this year I've been a good little patient and done as I'm told (which is very, very rare indeed!).

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Evening everyone
Busy day forgot to post BG this morning 6.4. Before evening meal BG 5.2, 2 hrs later 12.7 massive jump had Salmon with sweet chill sauce chips small portion marrowfat peas and a slice of pumkin and carrot loaf with butter. Loved every mouthful but theirs always a price to pay!
Try harder tomorrow. K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Evening everyone
Busy day forgot to post BG this morning 6.4. Before evening meal BG 5.2, 2 hrs later 12.7 massive jump had Salmon with sweet chill sauce chips small portion marrowfat peas and a slice of pumkin and carrot loaf with butter. Loved every mouthful but theirs always a price to pay!
Try harder tomorrow. K
Sounds delishous

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

you'd think we would have had a good sleep after all that painting yesterday....

good points - most of the blue paint splats have washed off (except for the direct hit on my watch), and the walls and ceiling seem to be drying nicely matt. :)

dubious point - dried splats were darker blue than expected from the paint in the pot and the shade card :meh:

potential downsides - Mum hasn't seen it yet (it's an upstairs guest room), and it may need another coat :arghh:

oh well - stuffed chicken for dinner today, and a mocha cream pud. made with real dark chocolate for afters ;)

D

Diabeticliberty

მე მიყვარს ყველა ჩემი hippy ბედნიერი დიაბეტური ყვავილების ძალაუფლების ვარდები და იმედი მაქვს, რომ ისინი მეც მიყვარს. After drinking rather too much whisky last night I have awoken with the mother of all headaches. I think the whisky might have been off. My head has just pounded 3 and a bit times. My blood sugar upon waking was three and a bit. 3.8mmols to be precise. Today I have 24 tarpon flies to construct as I have an order from a client who is going to South America next week fishing for them. I have never fished for tarpon in my life and my only understanding of the flies is that they need to be very big and very bright. Lord help me and more to the point Lord help him. These things are gonna look rough

Last edited by a moderator: