What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No work today? Get you, you big show off. I have some meetings today with a large client at 2 of their different sites. One in Port Sunlight and one in Warrington. This evening it's doggie stuff and trying to get my head around a Claude Debussy piano piece from last night's lesson. It is an absolutely nightmare to play. Tomorrow probably drinking and dancing as wildly as my tired old bones will allow me to in Liverpool in den of sin and iniquity. Have a great weekend Lady K.
No work till tuesday mr d well done on the piano lessons and ihope your meetings go well .you will defo enjoy your night out in liverpool us scousers are such nice people ...you must go to the same places as me i go to all the best places alls i can say is ENJOY

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
13.1 today. Knew it was a bad one before i even whacked in the test strip. Just a totally bad day at work plus a bit of comfort eating last night. Ah well just dust yourself off, pick yourself up and start all over again. Its so bloody familiar
Its allowed

Reactions: Granny_grump_

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

curse the potholes! we had to get a what we thought was a slow puncture repaired yesterday, turns out to be a deformed wheel rim :(, the garage have done a bit of repair work so here's hoping the tyre stays up. (My engineer dad would have said the work would take ten minutes to hit it with a hammer and twenty years to learn where and how hard :)).

Never mind, it's cool but bright so far today here and we have one of those little portable compressor pumps just in case ;)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

4.3 today

curse the potholes! we had to get a what we thought was a slow puncture repaired yesterday, turns out to be a deformed wheel rim :(, the garage have done a bit of repair work so here's hoping the tyre stays up. (My engineer dad would have said the work would take ten minutes to hit it with a hammer and twenty years to learn where and how hard :)).

Never mind, it's cool but bright so far today here and we have one of those little portable compressor pumps just in case ;)

Did that with a wheel on my last car. Just changed it over with the spare and kept the damaged wheel rim tyre as a spare

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

4.3 today

Them potholes bain of drivers life

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi heavyd how are you I see Your maintaining an in range BG level I've recently lowered my carbs and protein to help with diabetes and this awful gout problem. It seems to be working with both so I will try and keep to it and see how things go. Keep up your good work it's BG levels and see if you could lower the carbs a little to see if this helps. K
Thanks Granny, sorry about your gout problem, I'm really trying to lower my carb intakes seriously. I know it's really going to work and my Endo still wants my BG lower but he said we should still leave it that way, but its still going to come down

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A face like a well creased duvet cover? There is absolutely nothing I can add at this early hour to your pearls of written wisdom. Great to see you here though. P rang me earlier. It has happened. She is absolutely inconsolable
DL...you are indeed a man of distinction...pearls...hmmn... a real big spender...good looking...so refined...(believe that you'll believe anything)...feel a song coming on there...I must resist it...sending P a message.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
9c6c6711792bd6196d0bffb0a948c009.jpg

Had a business meeting in Limassol yesterday. Unlike my home town of Nicosia, which is in the centre of the island and landlocked, Limassol is a coastal town so at lunchtime I had a chance to walk on the beach. Still people around swimming in the sea even at the end of October.

232ea52352ffa054c9a319f961f75f54.jpg

Limassol is also the islands main port hence the number of boats visible in the distance.

Being coastal it has a milder climate than Nicosia; not so hot in the summer and not so cold in the winter. This allows a bigger variety of plants to grow there like this tropical Bleeding Heart Vine I came across yestetday.

49dcf960cfa96ed6ad82ac0d7a7ee635.jpg

0bf8ea48e10b1fec9647a797ea0edda2.jpg

Sugars today at 6,3 mmol.

Have a great day. It'd Friday!

Hi Pavlosn What a lovely sight to see people on a beach in October you'd freeze here,fabulous photos has usual. We have never been to Cyprus but we should look to paying it a visit for a holiday we have been looking at other places to holiday and it looks a lovely place. Will look to you for more information on where on the island to stay before we make arrangements,if you wouldn't mind. But it won't be next year has our holiday is already booked. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
13.1 today. Knew it was a bad one before i even whacked in the test strip. Just a totally bad day at work plus a bit of comfort eating last night. Ah well just dust yourself off, pick yourself up and start all over again. Its so bloody familiar

Hi Ymdawd you've not done anymore than lots of others have during stressful times, and considering you work away at times your doing great. Enjoy your weekend!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Granny, sorry about your gout problem, I'm really trying to lower my carb intakes seriously. I know it's really going to work and my Endo still wants my BG lower but he said we should still leave it that way, but its still going to come down

Hi heavyd what your doing is fine little steps not huge ones and your BG will come down steadily is the best way to do it.
I've had higher readings earlier in year after our holiday couldn't get back into it for a while. But a few months later I'm back on track
It happens and we deal with it when we get our heads back on. Good luck, the gout is under control at moment but thank you another diet to follow to keep it at bay,life eh! things happen and we deal with them,and this forum gives us the tools to help put things right back on track. Have a lovely weekend.K

Reactions: ziggy_w and heavyd