What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up before 5am again...despite that had a good sleep...lots to do today...but...not before coffee...woke to a 5.2...and the good news my car is not subject to the new T-charge for driving into London...yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Last edited:

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...up before 5am again...despite that had a good sleep...lots to do today...but...not before coffee...woke to a 5.2...and the good news my car is not subject to the new T-charge for driving into London...yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

hi bubbsie. did you have to be up so early? Or just cant sleep? I'm up cos husband in training for snoring Olympics.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty
D

Diabeticliberty

Buenos días a todos y les deseo a todos ustedes que sean mis pequeñas pulgas españolas. The week the circus has come to my local parish. I bribed the ring master donned my finest spandex mankini and this morning climbed into the cannon. Sadly things did not go as intended and I only ended up being shot onto my next door neighbours roof. I notice she has 3 loose tiles and my blood sugar are also 3mmols.

Could I possibly trouble any of you very kind diabetics to do the right thing and call the fire brigade to bring me off this rooftop? It is November and I am cold in just a mankini and a pair of sports socks. I also have seagulls pecking at my indifference

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 5.1 for me this morning. :) Up early as was promised a cheap lunch out, he's changed his plans, again argh!!! This is driving me around the bend. Nothing is reliable anymore.
So.... i'm paying for our lunch out now. I'm determined to get him out of this house. He'd vegitate if let him. :(

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi bubbsie. did you have to be up so early? Or just cant sleep? I'm up cos husband in training for snoring Olympics.
No work today KOT...so no reason to be up so early...so cold here..in the evenings.fire lit...comfy chair beckons...I sit down for five minutes...then usually wake up three hours later...drag myself off to bed...husband doesn't snore (don't have one now)...however the dog snores & 'farts' to oblivion...fortunately he sleeps downstairs.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Could I possibly trouble any of you very kind diabetics to do the right thing and call the fire brigade to bring me off this rooftop? It is November and I am cold in just a mankini and a pair of sports socks. I also have seagulls pecking at my indifference
That's what a 3.0mmol/l does for you. Are you hallucinating again. Get that glucose down your neck for your hypo Mr. o_O

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am 6.4 today. finding it very difficult to get it below 6 and keep it there.

have a good day everyone.
Had the same here KOT...was doing the snack before bed...just a little carbs (small KitKat)...worked for a while...then went up slightly...now doing the intermittent fasting overnight...eat as early as I can...usually around 6-7pm...then nothing more until breakfast...so far so good.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No work today KOT...so no reason to be up so early...so cold here..in the evenings.fire lit...comfy chair beckons...I sit down for five minutes...then usually wake up three hours later...drag myself off to bed...husband doesn't snore (don't have one now)...however the dog snores & 'farts' to oblivion...fortunately he sleeps downstairs.

I don't suppose the farty dog sits near your chair? Maybe that's why you sleep so well before you go to bed!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
hi kathleen been to see dn she said maybe coming down with a cold or something so to be a bit more vigilante with testing bloods on the upside got my 2 week free trial on the libre so happy days :)bloods are bk in range now bit scarey but ok now havent been that high since diagnosis :)
Hi Karen glad your getting the help and a free libre trial,hope your doctor decides to let you have the sensors on prescription this would help you gain more of how your BG levels fluctuate. My sisters type1 and when she's not well or coming down with something her sugars go up. Take care and look after yourself best wishes Kathleen

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today 5.6 wow that's a good number for me
Hubby got a few days holiday from work so going out today,sisters coming round to look after our dogs will let you know later where we end up!!K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen glad your getting the help and a free libre trial,hope your doctor decides to let you have the sensors on prescription this would help you gain more of how your BG levels fluctuate. My sisters type1 and when she's not well or coming down with something her sugars go up. Take care and look after yourself best wishes Kathleen
Thanks k

Reactions: ziggy_w