1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

Lady K, most of the sensors that I have used to date have had greater discrepancies than 2.5mmols from my finger prick blood tester.Even the ones that have been more accurate sometimes just wander off like wayward kittens. Sometimes they come back and sometimes they just fall off the edge of the world.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

With the greatest of these readings are quite close together. Discrepancies in your meter could account for some or most of the differentials. I don't wish to interfere with your management regime but they are extremely respectable numbers that most diabetics would be extremely happy with :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Your telling me the good thing about the libre is that it shows you trends as when bgs are rising or falling i will continue with finger pricking for more accuracy and the libre as a continuos bk up if that makes sense also i got a half unit pen which will be better once i get the cartriges for it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ymdawd

Ymdawd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thats a very interestng theory, plausible one too

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ixarix

Ixarix Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The readings can be off quite a by within the first 24 hours. The sensor takes bit of time to properly calibrate. There so,e good threads here about using the Libre.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Ymdawd

Whilst being dragged round the local Costco today and its shelves heavily stacked with Christmas goodies i went off on a mental tangent. What single characteristic is vital for all diabetics.. ? My conclusion - WILLPOWER or SELF-DISCIPLINE

Got more than a bit depressed in their bakery section and quite a few other places but with the extravagant amounts of sugar in so many products one just has to say no if wishes to maintain some semblance of BG control.

Thats the theory but in practice it aint all that easy. So will go and do a 10mile run on the treadmill tonight whilst watching a few more episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. What a life.!

Rant over folks.

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. PenfoldAPD

PenfoldAPD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Going grocery shopping is often when I get fed up - but I just remember how rubbish I feel after a carb fest - and usually do my shopping online :))

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

A liver dumping fbg 7.6 just now but been awake and up for an hour. So I took my tummy med at 0330am to gain air sickness. Hoping to nod off back to sleep til school run 0730 alarm soon. Where I'll retest. Having some great 5s this past week. Metformins benefit with basal insulin thou.
    Seeing dn on tuesday. Only lost a few kgs since last appointment. Slowing down for Crimbo.
    Hoping for a Waitrose or M&S christmas day indoor picnic this Christmas. Not cooking turkey and trimmings. No dishes is a great Christmas present, for the whole household.
    Oh I feel the Christmas spirit in the north-east, already. Great for kids.

• Like Like x 9
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

You must find a happy medium which is long lasting and do-able. Why set yourself up for a fall when everyone is entitled to a treat filled christmas. Get on-line low carb treats in. Stock up now to help fill those gaps. You're entitled to enjoy xmas to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

ללא שם: יום טוב לך כל נוצות שלי נוצה סוכרתית אקזוטיים. This morning I stuck my diabetic laundry in the great freaky hypoglycaemic washing machine. Sadly the colours all ran and I have a large blue stain on the bum of my spiderman pyjamas. If you squint your eyes it resembles the number 3.7. How very spooky my waking blood sugars were also 3.7mmols. May you all have a soap sud filled day.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

I know it isn't easy. Not for you not for any of us here. The thing is though you are not daft. You are extremely clued up and extremely motivated. You know what you have to do and how you have to do it. Self denial is the most difficult human trait to have to force yourself through. If you wanna make it a little easier then stay the hell out of Costco bakery

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

OMG KOT...hadn't thought of that...he sits opposite...perhaps I ought to move him upstairs...he's sulking like mad this morning...says I've shamed him publicly.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...spent hours baking yesterday...off on a rare visit to our office in London...laden with home made apple tarts three & a half dozen....2 dozen triple chocolate brownies...should keep them occupied while I deliver my paperwork...put some invoices in...then make a run for it...sampled a couple...delicious (don't do that often)...after along walk with Harry relieved to be at 4.5...this morning woke to a 5.5

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

6.2 for me have a good day all off to work now ‍♀️

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.0 @ 06.46

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Ymdawd

Day “x” of the on going battle BG 5.3 at 6.49am. Its like being on a permanent roller coaster. LOL

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  17. James1968

James1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.0 this morning
    Have been taking my new medication for a month now and it seems to be reducing my bs
    about time

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  18. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

The Day X offensive has gotten off to a flyer. 5.3 is a fine old waking number. Have a fantastic day my friend.

PS Curzon Dax is the finest looking female on this or indeed any other planet or any of the deep space stations :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ymdawd

Must invite you on a visit to my place.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jodiej1913

Jodiej1913 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone how are you all today have a fantastic day my bg this morning was 14.2

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook