What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know who Alice Cooper is - my line was from a Roy 'Chubby' Brown parody of the song by Smokie, Living Next Door To Alice which you can see on You Tube. I will not post a link as the song contains very, very strong language and even the title on You Tube has a 4 letter word in it which precludes me from posting a direct link to it.
Funny that because Roy chubby Brown is even older than Alice but coincidently born on the 3rd of Feb but in 1945.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got sent home from work this morning bloods at 24.5 spoke to dn took some more insulin starting to come down a bit now slowly . dn wants to see me this afternoon oh the joys of diabetes

D

Diabeticliberty

Got sent home from work this morning bloods at 24.5 spoke to dn took some more insulin starting to come down a bit now slowly . dn wants to see me this afternoon oh the joys of diabetes

Oh no, I hope you'e gonna be alright. How do you feel? Pretty ropey I guess. Daft question, sorry. Please let us know how you get on with your doctor. Once the dust settles perhaps get them to work a plan with you for when events like this happen.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Karen that's concerning do hope you get it sorted with your dn today. Are you coming down with an illness cold or other,keep in touch will you let us know your ok. Kathleen

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :) very late posting in this thread today, was having trouble getting onto the site and had to go out to the doctor's earlier in the day.

4.6 this morning

bouncing down rain here all day but that didn't stop Mr gee and I going for an 'all day breakfast' lunch out :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no, I hope you'e gonna be alright. How do you feel? Pretty ropey I guess. Daft question, sorry. Please let us know how you get on with your doctor. Once the dust settles perhaps get them to work a plan with you for when events like this happen.
hi mr d bloods bk in range now been to see dn she said possible coming down with a cold or something :(on the upside i came away with a 2 week trial on the libre and a letter for gp to ask if he will prescribe sensors after this one runs out in a fortnight at the moment not under obligation to prescibe them its at docs discretion so fingers crossed thanks for asking xx:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Karen that's concerning do hope you get it sorted with your dn today. Are you coming down with an illness cold or other,keep in touch will you let us know your ok. Kathleen
hi kathleen been to see dn she said maybe coming down with a cold or something so to be a bit more vigilante with testing bloods on the upside got my 2 week free trial on the libre so happy days :)bloods are bk in range now bit scarey but ok now havent been that high since diagnosis :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Freema it's not like you have you changed something recently, do hope you work out what's happening with your BG. Best Wishes K

I have gained weight continuingly. maybe this puts me back into the prediabetic level.. I try to restrict more again now

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Poor Karen bless x
Please accept a well intentioned hug
Not nice being hyper
Wishing you well

Reactions: karen8967
D

Diabeticliberty

hi mr d bloods bk in range now been to see dn she said possible coming down with a cold or something :(on the upside i came away with a 2 week trial on the libre and a letter for gp to ask if he will prescribe sensors after this one runs out in a fortnight at the moment not under obligation to prescibe them its at docs discretion so fingers crossed thanks for asking xx:)

No more mid 20 blood sugars if you dont mind young lady. You frightened the bloody life out of me. Glad you are better now. The Libre can be really useful when they behave themselves. At other times it can be like herding cats. I hope you get on with yours.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No more mid 20 blood sugars if you dont mind young lady. You frightened the bloody life out of me. Glad you are better now. The Libre can be really useful when they behave themselves. At other times it can be like herding cats. I hope you get on with yours.
Ive noticed already readings between libre and finger meter way off but o ly been on for a few hours so hopfully it will behave by tomoŕrow il have words in a minute thanks for your concern mr d. Really appreciated

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.7 at 0715.

Beach
beach2.jpg

D

Diabeticliberty

Buenos días a todos y les deseo a todos ustedes que sean mis pequeñas pulgas españolas. The week the circus has come to my local parish. I bribed the ring master donned my finest spandex mankini and this morning climbed into the cannon. Sadly things did not go as intended and I only ended up being shot onto my next door neighbours roof. I notice she has 3 loose tiles and my blood sugar are also 3mmols.