What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May I ask how much you have lost? No reason to know, just really nosy!!!!!!.
I've lost 2st since I began low carbing.Ive not been in the obese category,but once diagnosed 16 years ago thanks to NHS guidelines I just gradually gained weight!My DN advised me to lose some weight and exercise more.I had to remind her of my age(79) and that I could either do a short walk or housework or garden each day,but not all three!That was when I found the low carb info here.It has worked for me and all my results are down.....blood pressure,Hba 42 etc.Im now 9st 13lbs and having lost 2 inches ......height 5ft 2ins.Dont know how that happened.In fact I am now officially in the little old lady catagory and have the white hair to prove it!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 today.

@karen8967 -- Great that your blood sugars have settled and that you back to your old self. Must have been scary.
@Ymdawd -- I can empathize. All the Xmas goodies in the supermarkets. My husband is into marzipan this year and I realized I really miss it.
@LittleGreyCat -- I have observed the same thing. If I don't exercise (usually when I am too lazy), I see my fbg increase by 0.5 to 1 mmol. I figure it is probably a combination of higher glucose stores in the liver and the muscles becoming less insulin sensitive.
thanks ziggy :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen 8967
Hi Karen nice to see you seem to be feeling better today,good luck with the Libra K.
thanks kathleen seems to have synced with me finger pricker at the moment so lets hope it continues got gp appointment soon going to ask if i can have libre sensors on prescription fingers crossed il let everyone know later :)feel a lot better but had little hypo in work b4 but im fine now :wacky:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks kathleen seems to have synced with me finger pricker at the moment so lets hope it continues got gp appointment soon going to ask if i can have libre sensors on prescription fingers crossed il let everyone know later :)feel a lot better but had little hypo in work b4 but im fine now :wacky:
well just bk from drs what a farce asked about libre sensors he has got to put my request to the practise management team and they will gr et bk to me in a couple of days .then asked for the half unit cartridges and he says they havent received fax from dn what a total wasted journey :***::***::banghead::banghead:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
well just bk from drs what a farce asked about libre sensors he has got to put my request to the practise management team and they will gr et bk to me in a couple of days .then asked for the half unit cartridges and he says they havent received fax from dn what a total wasted journey :***::***::banghead::banghead:
In this day of computers you'd think it a simple thing to send the paperwork needed either by computer or fax,and could he not have phoned dn? I've always said it but diabetics are not looked after with the best of care.
My BG this morning after all naughtiest of foods yesterday in York was 6.3 can live with that we had a lovely day out but shattered in bed before 10 pm and we only got home 7.45 pm. K

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You haven't a little burn out have you? Maybe take a break over xmas to recharge your batteries and then meet us on friday weigh-in?

yes actually I think you are right.. I hope to be slowly more strict again...at the moment I am ditching the weight focus but try to eat less though

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Sadly I cannot say I am surprised. It called passing the buck and goes on with surgeries all the time. When you see the waste in medicines management that I see this is a drop in the ocean.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Eaten much more than usual today and be just hyped at 2.2, the weird thing was our springer spaniel was really stressing prior to it. I’ve recently started taking prescription codeine I’ve had relatively lower readings ever since does anyone know anything about this ?

D

Diabeticliberty

God morgon till er alla mina läckra och näringsrika Ikea köttbullar. I have built myself a hammock which I bought from Ikea. Sorry folks enough nonsense for now. I have awoken with blood sugars of 2mmols which will require an immediate fix before I walk my doggie

Edit after hypo fix. I fell from the hammock and have 2 lumps on my head. My waking blood sugar was 2mmols. I won't be getting hung up about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Urghhhhhhhhhhh...morning...frustrating day yesterday...planned to drive to London... deliver paperwork...diverted at the last minute...told had to dash off to work...waited...waited...waited...phone calls the whole day...finally early evening job cancelled...am I relaxed...philosophical about the whole experience...am I b***r...still tempted to pitch into the large bottle of SipSmith Gin sitting on the dining room table...and it's only 05:30am...it's been temping me since last night...and...if that fudging cat wants to go out one more time:banghead::banghead::banghead:...woke to a 5.3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
God morgon till er alla mina läckra och näringsrika Ikea köttbullar. I have built myself a hammock which I bought from Ikea. Sorry folks enough nonsense for now. I have awoken with blood sugars of 2mmols which will require an immediate fix before I walk my doggie

Edit after hypo fix. I fell from the hammock and have 2 lumps on my head. My waking blood sugar was 2mmols. I won't be getting hung up about it.
Hope ye ok mr d

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How frustrating Karen...seems all decisions relating to our care have to be assessed not by our Doctors or Nurses but by the managers or CCG directives...cost implications no doubt...as for the cartridges...would it have been so difficult for him/her to speak to the DN...doubt it...honestly had the most awful start with my own GP...dreaded my appointments...decided to work hard with him...wrote to him...outlined my concerns...had several discussions...now we have a good working relationship...he listens...and each visit he learns a little more about diabetes...why not drop a note to your GP...ask for the DN to be contacted remind them about the cartridges...seems to be a lottery with DSNs...some are more enlightened than others...I now refuse to see the DSN at our practice...since she described my testing more than four times a day as obsessive...ironically she was happy to accept my HbA1c results which my GP described as excellent...the irony of the NHS.. . sometimes more difficult to navigate the politics than the conditions!