What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...spent hours baking yesterday...off on a rare visit to our office in London...laden with home made apple tarts three & a half dozen....2 dozen triple chocolate brownies...should keep them occupied while I deliver my paperwork...put some invoices in...then make a run for it...sampled a couple...delicious (don't do that often)...after along walk with Harry relieved to be at 4.5...this morning woke to a 5.5

Must invite you on a visit to my place.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Must invite you on a visit to my place.
What...and subject you to all that temptation?...okay...send the post code...always feel safe making a huge batch to take to our office...only here overnight...then gone the following day...however...best laid plans...looks like I'll be working today...won't be able to take them until tomorrow...ooh...will have to restrain myself this evening...that's what I get for being smug:angelic::angelic::angelic:.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 today.

@karen8967 -- Great that your blood sugars have settled and that you back to your old self. Must have been scary.
@Ymdawd -- I can empathize. All the Xmas goodies in the supermarkets. My husband is into marzipan this year and I realized I really miss it.
@LittleGreyCat -- I have observed the same thing. If I don't exercise (usually when I am too lazy), I see my fbg increase by 0.5 to 1 mmol. I figure it is probably a combination of higher glucose stores in the liver and the muscles becoming less insulin sensitive.

Last edited:

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...spent hours baking yesterday...off on a rare visit to our office in London...laden with home made apple tarts three & a half dozen....2 dozen triple chocolate brownies...should keep them occupied while I deliver my paperwork...put some invoices in...then make a run for it...sampled a couple...delicious (don't do that often)...after along walk with Harry relieved to be at 4.5...this morning woke to a 5.5

mmmm pie. Day dreaming about them now. Odd how day dreams change over the years. a few years ago my day dreams most certainly not include pie!!

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning....6.1 this sunny morning.Trying to introduce a few carbs back into diet as have reached my target weight but still dropping.Dont want to up the cheese or cream,but don't want to disappear either!!!:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today 6.3
We had a lovely day out hubby and me yesterday included foods we love but shouldn't have hence higher readings.
We started out by taking a train to Manchester Christmas Market,but ended up on another train to York lunch in Cosmo's included bite sized pieces of delicious cake,tiny cake honestly!!
Afternoon snack in Betty's Tea Room we had 1/2 toasted tea cake and 1/2 scone each just butter with them,and believe me that's a very restrained snack in Betty's their cakes are to die for. Not. Literally!haha! Have a lovely day everyone. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Karen 8967
Hi Karen nice to see you seem to be feeling better today,good luck with the Libra K.

Reactions: karen8967
D

Diabeticliberty

My dear boy, you are far too young. Lets just say they included a lot of baby oil and leave it at that.

I have just rang my GP and cancelled this Friday's appointment for ear syringing. As soon as I read your post my ears popped like champagne corks :)

Reactions: Ymdawd

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning....6.1 this sunny morning.Trying to introduce a few carbs back into diet as have reached my target weight but still dropping.Dont want to up the cheese or cream,but don't want to disappear either!!!:)

May I ask how much you have lost? No reason to know, just really nosy!!!!!!.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning all. I am 6.4 today. Don't really know what to do about this. I was in low 5s and sometimes 4s. Went away for a week a stopped testing and started eating. Now cant get the numbers down again.
I am glad it was only a week!!
Any advice???
Happened to me a couple of months back...got an infection from an insect bite...had antibiotics...felt unwell so had comfort food...levels went up...initially did the small protein snack before bed...worked okay...now doing a bit of intermittent fasting...eating early in the evening...then nothing until breakfast...numbers coming down...slowly...but heading in the right direction at last...either one of those might be worth a try...the first few days are the hardest...but...then it becomes routine.

Reactions: ziggy_w