What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 6.2 today, but sooooo tired and hardly any sleep. Grandchild 1 is all vomitty, but better than he was. Gs3 was in hospital last night with croup again, 4th time this year, so I had gs2, who also has a very bad cold, high temp etc and was up most of the night.

I am so looking forward to my endo appt(when it finally arrives). Hope to get my hypothyroidism sorted and not feel.so drained all the time. It is better than it was, but even on good days I am utterly finished by about 5pm.

Moan, moan , moan!! Dont really have anywhere else to vent. I really love looking after my g'children and dont want my kids to think its a bother. But I do get tired.

Hope you all have a great middle of the week and stay away from the really.nasty cold germ that seems to be making people drop like.flies.

Vent away my love! Weirdly I wanted some diabetes advice earlier and rather than turning to the whole my initial thoughts were to turn to this feed

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for cheering me up hope you all are also doing fine ... today I had too many carbs so a bit worried of tomorrows morning numbers , good I am off for fitness right after breakfast Then ..
In the morning I’ll try to mix a new kind of porridge : 2 spoons of Chia seeds : 2 spoons of oats and : 1spoon of psylisium husk and some coconut oil and salt lots of water and some cinamon hope it will taste fine

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thanks all for cheering me up hope you all are also doing fine ... today I had too many carbs so a bit worried of tomorrows morning numbers , good I am off for fitness right after breakfast Then ..
In the morning I’ll try to mix a new kind of porridge : 2 spoons of Chia seeds : 2 spoons of oats and : 1spoon of psylisium husk and some coconut oil and salt lots of water and some cinamon hope it will taste fine
Hi Freema me too, tomorrow is another day we'll both deal with each, one day at a time little steps! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not such an early start for me today...5am is practically a 'lie in' nowadays...I remember those days when I could just roll over...get back to sleep...wake up feeling refreshed...ready to start the day...can't do that now...as soon as my eyes open...have to get up...head for the kitchen...just about muster up enough energy & enthusiasm to make the coffee...then think about the day ahead...busy today...going to give someone a hand to write to their health care team...justify testing strips on prescription...why oh why do they still keep saying 'NO' to this...rhetorical question...it's all about saving money...cost cutting...when most of us know in the long run it makes no economic sense at all!...oops...forgot...woke to a 5.2

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning......most of yesterday in the 7 and 8 even a 9 until late then dropped down to 5.7 a very strange day usually around 5 to 6s.Ah well,back to my normal I hope!

Hope you are all feeling better after those colds and sore throats :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.4 at 06.56 (one touch select plus), double checked with brand new Freestyle Optium Neo, got a 61mg/dl (3.34 mmol/l). OMAD yesterday 16.00, followed by 3 mile coastal walk, I did 30 pushups at each mile (it was dark and isolated so I didn't care how I looked). At the end I did 1 set of squat to bicep curls to overhead press with 18 kg dumbbells. Feel fine. I respond really well to mixed cardio and resistance training.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
3.4 at 06.56 (one touch select plus), double checked with brand new Freestyle Optium Neo, got a 61mg/dl (3.34 mmol/l). OMAD yesterday 16.00, followed by 3 mile coastal walk, I did 30 pushups at each mile (it was dark and isolated so I didn't care how I looked). At the end I did 1 set of squat to bicep curls to overhead press with 18 kg dumbbells. Feel fine. I respond really well to mixed cardio and resistance training.
Hi Mbaker I'm exhausted just reading about your exercise regimen! You do really well good luck to you,if it works for you why not! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 5.6
Stayed in Mostly 5s and 6s yesterday dropped to 4.9 before lunch then a 9 after evening meal from Spanish chicken and roasted veg. Which had sweet potato in it, presume it was the sweet potato that caused the spike. But back in 5s this morning.
@Freema hope the new porridge was nice and your higher readings didn't materialise. Fingers crossed eh! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...not such an early start for me today...5am is practically a 'lie in' nowadays...I remember those days when I could just roll over...get back to sleep...wake up feeling refreshed...ready to start the day...can't do that now...as soon as my eyes open...have to get up...head for the kitchen...just about muster up enough energy & enthusiasm to make the coffee...then think about the day ahead...busy today...going to give someone a hand to write to their health care team...justify testing strips on prescription...why oh why do they still keep saying 'NO' to this...rhetorical question...it's all about saving money...cost cutting...when most of us know in the long run it makes no economic sense at all!...oops...forgot...woke to a 5.2
@Bubbsie how can an out of control diabetic with all the problems this can cause be cost effective,given access to strips keeps us healthier and theirfore we don't need the NHS has often, and no awful loss of limbs and loss of lives etc. This is how you save money,not denying diabetics the tools to keep themselves healthy,this is where they could make savings not the other way round?K Good Luck to You

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie how can an out of control diabetic with all the problems this can cause be cost effective,given access to strips keeps us healthier and theirfore we don't need the NHS has often, and no awful loss of limbs and loss of lives etc. This is how you save money,not denying diabetics the tools to keep themselves healthy,this is where they could make savings not the other way round?K Good Luck to You
GG I've already secured my testing strips on prescription...after an initial refusal...discussed this with my GP...he warned me the local CCG would intervene...stop him prescribing...so I challenged the CCG...wrote to them...justified my need/use of testing strips...and my GP prescribing them...at the moment helping someone else do that...feel passionate about the provision of testing strips & meters for all diabetics who want to test...as you say...how can we keep ourselves well...obtain good control of our diabetes without the right tools to do the job...this is about the fifth one I've helped with...believe those of us who want to test....achieve good management of our BGs...delay/avoid complication...improve our condition... should be given testing strips on prescription without issue...the quarterly...bi-annual...annual HbA1c tests alone are not sufficient for that purpose.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51