What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.6 this morning am amazed by this after a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings followed with Vanilla Panna Cotta and raspberry sauce. And not to mention supper pork pie cheese and crackers pickles and chutney.

mind you all offset with I must admit a rather copious amount of alcohol no beer though.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Granny_grump Hope you had a good Christmas and are set for an even better new year.

And the same goes for all the intrepid posters here.

Had a phone call from my son yesterday he was a bit as he said knackered after cooking a Christmas dinner for 15 at the friary in Dublin.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland have you enjoyed your Christmas you've managed to stay with great BG numbers good on you!K

Working 12 hours Christmas Day and Boxing Day so our Christmas meal will be tomorrow
Hope you are having a good time

Reactions: MillieT

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
i had a lovely day k. home from work at 2 then off to see the grandsons then home for a lovely xmas dinner then me and tommy just chilled hope you had a lovely day xx
We did thank you had all family visited over two days, lot of them and my eldest son came home for Christmas and decided to extend his stay lovely.K

Reactions: Glenmac and ziggy_w

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the first day of christmas, my trueyou gave to me 5.8

Ok, so I ran out of strips for the TrueYou and used my Accu-Chek. Which doesn't fit the rhyme. So artistic licence, and **** the critics! Oh, and Dublin friary? It's Burdocks! But hope folks had fun, and are now relaxing.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.
@ziggy_w
@gleeful
You must have willpower of steel,only sweet things I ate was 3 chocolate stollen bites and a small amount of carbs
Good on you both! K Hope you had a lovely Christmas Day

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.2 this morning and it’s all my fault. I’ll gladly take the blame. It’s cold too!! -30°c and with windchill factored in, -40°c brr!!
BG level still not bad, if I was a drinker in be knocking back the shorts in that temperature,I take my hat of to you!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bad day yesterday and today my surgars are in the 6s. ive not eaten anything since dinner time yesterday. im sulking.
What the heck you sulking for! We are allowed a little lea way it's Christmas after all ! K

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fab! Considering it is Christmas! K
How was the roast duck Freema?

thanks you dear people, well actually the duck was really good, only the second time I have made duck..:) .. I did put some butter on its skin after the first roasting, because they said in the radio it would make the skin more crust and deliciously tasting.

how was you Christmas dinner , what is you traditions concerning foods...?

we celebrate the evening before Christ's birth 24 of december, where most english celebrate on the morning of 25. december ..

Last edited:

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG level still not bad, if I was a drinker in be knocking back the shorts in that temperature,I take my hat of to you!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!K

@Granny_grump unfortunately I’m on call over the Christmas holidays so I can only knock back coffee with cream. It’s cold enough that flat spots develop on out tires until we have driven a bit.
Bg’s are now down to the low 6’s.