What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ewpfaffly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Conflict
I do plan on putting my diet in order, I just have to be careful because I only have 20% of pancreas left. So I have to also be careful that what I eat won't give me another pancreatitis attack, such as nuts, greasy food, etc. Usually my numbers aren't this bad and it doesn't have these highs and lows. This is something new that hasn't happened to me before. I will be having my doctors check it out tomorrow hopefully. Until then with the scare of dropping too low overnight I will not be taking my Novolog, only my Lantus 50units, which I took at 9PM. Thanks for the advice :D

Edited by mod to remove a quoted post containing potentially dangerous advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.7 @ 07.31 today, 4.7 before bed. (Xmas morning 4.6 (curry goat / cauli-rice, 3 large jerk chicken drumsticks, 4 home made mid sized fibre flour Jamaica mince beef patties with salad, and a thin slice of Jamaica rum cake, for Christmas Eve). To ensure good numbers on Xmas day, 3 set home heavy weights followed 6 mile fasted walk. Christmas dinner (no potatoes or parsnips), but, turkey, beef and gammon, with sausage meat stuffing (3 helpings), vegetables and gravy. For dessert fibre flour (cinnamon and turmeric) biscuit with Wensleydale Cheese, some Berries, bowl of nuts x 2, tried a taste of regular Xmas pudding and Xmas cake (both too sweet, so left these). 2 tequila shots and a glass of red wine - 3 mile walk.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today 6.3 will get it back in the 5s after New Year too much food bought need to use up nobody wanted anything to eat in the evening so all the buffet foods still in freezer,will probably end up giving it away to family! K

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

yesterday I ate the most I've eaten in months but I did just almost manage to keep my carbs under 100g. Not so my protein but it's Xmas after all ;)

low carb tiramisu was delicious and so was the chocolate and cheesecake brownie, this low carb baking could get to be a regular thing. Trying an apple spice cake today for pud. (Don't know how these will affect me craving wise yet though, might be back to 'special occasions' only after Christmas).