What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
thanks k. i dare say they will settle soon :)

When I first started on insulin ( may 17) I was anticipating an overnight miracle.not such success it took a few months for mine to get below 6 in mornings. I put quite a bit of weight on during my learning period but lots and lots of research - I’m still learning everyday .it sorts itself out ! The obligatory January diet started yesterday kimx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perfect sense Karen! I've seen this, I think, advertised on tv a while ago. Got to be less painful than finger pricking! You said the sensors are 50 each, is this £50 each? Sounds expensive. Im self employed but have only made about £400 in the past month so £50 is a large chunk. From what I remember from the tv ad, it looks like the way forward?
yes £50 each and ive just noticed your a type 2 so not sure if you qualify for free 2 week trail i may be wrong though you can only ask goodluck ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first started on insulin ( may 17) I was anticipating an overnight miracle.not such success it took a few months for mine to get below 6 in mornings. I put quite a bit of weight on during my learning period but lots and lots of research - I’m still learning everyday .it sorts itself out ! The obligatory January diet started yesterday kimx
mine has been fine then last couple of days gone off its head think honeymoon period is well and truely over just upped my insulin basal/bolus so see if that makes a difference. just seems everything i put in my mouth shoots my bgs sky high just ride it out im happy at around 5.5/10 feel great and consultant is happy for me to be at the range .thanks kim

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
mine has been fine then last couple of days gone off its head think honeymoon period is well and truely over just upped my insulin basal/bolus so see if that makes a difference. just seems everything i put in my mouth shoots my bgs sky high just ride it out im happy at around 5.5/10 feel great and consultant is happy for me to be at the range .thanks kim

When I first started on insulin, I started to use this forum way more than before. I was so disillusioned as everyone seemed so much more controlled than me. My readings had reduced from the teens into single figures but still seemed much higher than the norm. It was then that I discovered there was no norm. I started to compare my reading to BI before insulin and they were 50 % better. A long and winding road!

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.2 might not be the levels you wanted Troubled...but its not so bad...still within the expected range...had a 7.9 myself yesterday...bringing that down slowly...not sure how that compares with your general BG numbers...but...with a little effort shouldn't be too difficult to reduce that ..we can only do our best...don't be too hard on your self...this diabetes lark is tricky at times.

I’m usually in the high 5’s low 6’s. We had Chinese takeout yesterday for our daughter’s birthday. I didn’t have anywhere near what I would have in the past but the numbers are showing me I should simply avoid it.
I’m sure I’ll get the numbers down over the next couple of days. I will most likely do an extended fast early in the new year.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m usually in the high 5’s low 6’s. We had Chinese takeout yesterday for our daughter’s birthday. I didn’t have anywhere near what I would have in the past but the numbers are showing me I should simply avoid it.
I’m sure I’ll get the numbers down over the next couple of days. I will most likely do an extended fast early in the new year.

Chinese takeaway always effects me the most too

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Even though my fasting bg was 7.2 by 10:20am it shot up to 9.0. I didn’t eat anything only coffee with cream but it went up for some reason.
Once I get up to about 80oz of water, my bg’s should be back into the 5’s.

Reactions: Cumberland

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even though my fasting bg was 7.2 by 10:20am it shot up to 9.0. I didn’t eat anything only coffee with cream but it went up for some reason.
Once I get up to about 80oz of water, my bg’s should be back into the 5’s.

I had the same problem this morning. I hate it when the numbers don’t behave the way I expect them to.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm having a similar well I wouldn't call it problem wake up at 4.2 stay under five till after dinner when it went up to 6.2 now 4.4 don't know what to make of it weird is the best way to describe it as you say. Been woozy and light headed all day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
IMG_0591.JPG
@Troubled1 i really admire you! You must be one tough cookie Best Wishes to you and your family for 2018 Happy New Year to you.!! K❄️☃️ The photo is Christmas Day 2017 in the morning never seen a Rainbow on this day in my life !!K

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Troubled1 At least you had a full meal, today after evening meal I had a mini mince pie with cream first one this year my BG shot up to 11.1 and this was two hours after eating the darned thing, definitely no more for me. Diabetes is so unforgiving!K

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 for some Chinese takeaway Troubled...I'd take that (no pun intended)...I did 'indulge' over Christmas...comfortable with that...wish I'd thought of Chinese though...haven't had any for so long...dam... knew there was something I'd forgotten...back on the wagon now after my splurge...a couple of Gin & Tonics last night... a special occasion so that's allowed;).