What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm afraid I gave into temptation and stocked up with reduced price mince pies and nuts.
But at least my fbg was lower than of late when I've been in the 7s, only 6.2 at 0740.
Will have to get more disciplined in the New Year.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.2 again today then after an hour of snow shoveling it went to 7.7 yikes!!! Thankfully most of the Christmas treats are gone now. Shoveling in a -28°c windchill isn’t much fun. I’m really starting to dislike Winter.
Had another Creatine shake just now so my bg’s should hit the high 4’s in a couple hours.
Have a great weekend!!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
Same has Glenmac slowly coming down I'm 6.2 this morning ! K
Have a good day everyone
@Glenmac We only have to get past this weekend and we should be on the home straight!!!
Well that's what I keep telling myself!!! Haha!‍♀️

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning 6.8
Still higher than I like but I know it was trying the mini mince pie that did it, my BG shot to 11.1 2 hours after eating it.
Not had a mince pie since I started losing weight 12 months ago,so trial and error! Mostly error! K
Don't be too hard on yourself K...it's all about trial & error...and you can identify the spike...sometimes we need to remember it's not necessarily the rise we should be concerned with in isolation...it's about how are bodies deal with reducing that rise...from 11.2 to 6.8 overnight is a good result in those circumstances...so its all good.;)