What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning...great day yesterday...paperwork & invoices completed...faulty goods packaged & returned...shopped...home lunch...then decide to take the dog for a walk...out for an hour...en route home I realised I had no keys...urghhhhhhhh...dropped them at the park...myself & other dog walkers looked for 45 minutes...telephone numbers were swopped in case they found them after we had left...no sign...resigned myself to calling family for their spare key...waited for half an hour in the cold...realising now I had no car key (having lost a set of keys a couple of weeks ago)...finally got in...found the keys on the kitchen work surface...forgot to take them:banghead::banghead::banghead:...despite the drama...woke to a 5.1.
What a day!! glad it sorted itself out nothing worse than lost keys, calm day for you hopefully today, chill with Harry! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a day!! glad it sorted itself out nothing worse than lost keys, calm day for you hopefully today, chill with Harry! K
Going for an early walk with H...avoiding the other dog walkers who helped me search yesterday...if I see them do I confess...or keep quiet;)...not sure I want to admit I left them at home just yet K.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
K...you're not in the 7s...6.8 is still reasonable in your circumstances...give yourself some leeway...you have a lot to deal with...try to step back a little...look forward to the holiday...which is much needed...build up your stamina...then 'blitz' that little monster on your return.
Couldnt of put it better myself

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Going for an early walk with H...avoiding the other dog walkers who helped me search yesterday...if I see them do I confess...or keep quiet;)...not sure I want to admit I left them at home just yet K.
If they ask you can just outright lie and say you found them on your walk back home or fess up and you can all have a good laugh I'm sure they all enjoyed the search it's fun if it's not your stuff that is lost.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wow it's back I think I'm correct so thank you Ziggy for the link back to it! And apologies if I've got wrong person! K
Just got back from sons long motorway drive and weather conditions where awful, but eh! I did it,
Cannot work out mt BG levels only had my usual brunch 2 rashers bacon 1 egg 1 toast cup coffee and a slice of black pudding has an extra. Just tested BG now 3 1/2 hours later 9.1 What's all that about! K

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow it's back I think I'm correct so thank you Ziggy for the link back to it! And apologies if I've got wrong person! K
Just got back from sons long motorway drive and weather conditions where awful, but eh! I did it,
Cannot work out mt BG levels only had my usual brunch 2 rashers bacon 1 egg 1 toast cup coffee and a slice of black pudding has an extra. Just tested BG now 3 1/2 hours later 9.1 What's all that about! K
Black pud has cereal in to bulk it out

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What happened to the thread this morning ? 4.7 for me.
Hi@philchap1 so many odd things happening on the forum of late, think they have been having problems with it ! But thank goodness this chat thread is back like losing my right arm, though what the he-- this morning, not got a lot of time today so couldn't spend time looking but thought it very strange! Me and my sister and niece went to Cheshire to visit my eldest son before-we go away only need to visit youngest son now then Up up and away for our chill holiday! can't wait! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi k it may have been the black pudding its quite carby i think :(

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Keep Quiet! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmm.. black pudding! Such temptation as I'm getting ready to go shop.. I think my North/South genes may be confused as I like chunks of black pudding in a nice salad.

Food cravings aside, 6.7 yesterday and 5.9 today