What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree.
No use it being a quick fix.
Cos you will falter then fail.

It HAS to be something your willing to commit to for many years., SO find a way THAT WORKS for YOU.
And once you find it, then tweak away.

How do you know it's working?

BGs are good, HBA1c gets lower..
Control improves

The lipids, TRIGS etc come after, I think.
Not sure it is as linear as that suggests and absolutely certain what works at dx - presumably highest weight, bg and potentially least exercise - doesn't work with a few years of changes. The way that works for you initially seems very likely to change slightly. body fat % should drop substantially if LC works.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak and @ianpspurs I think it is more straightforward for some and not others. Although we all agree LC is the way to go we do need to acknowledge it is more tricky for some than others. Btw found it very illuminating that @OrsonKartt posted it has taken 3 years to get to where he wanted to be. Its a straight line of progress with this WOE for some but defo not all. But we just keep on trying, thats all we can do. Best wishes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can only plan for today, maybe tomorrow, @ianpspurs
Otherwise the plan and bodies current state don't match.

But I do hear what you say, and will take your wise words forward with me as I progress .

Thank you for a your assistance so far and many thanks for being so willing to share your experiences for those following in your path.

You are my guru baba.

Much love
My sensei

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can only plan for today, maybe tomorrow, @ianpspurs
Otherwise the plan and bodies current state don't match.

But I do hear what you say, and will take your wise words forward with me as I progress .

Thank you for a your assistance so far and many thanks for being so willing to share your experiences for those following in your path.

You are my guru baba.

Much love
My sensei
Where is the blush rating? @PenguinMum although LC is the most frequently mentioned management method it certainly doesn't work for everyone. I wouldn't want members who find it doesn't work to feel they have failed.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak and @ianpspurs I think it is more straightforward for some and not others. Although we all agree LC is the way to go we do need to acknowledge it is more tricky for some than others. Btw found it very illuminating that @OrsonKartt posted it has taken 3 years to get to where he wanted to be. Its a straight line of progress with this WOE for some but defo not all. But we just keep on trying, thats all we can do. Best wishes.

The voice of reasoned discussion as always @PenguinMum .

I bow to yours and others long term knowledge of this disease,
and as @ianpspurs
Rightly points I am at the early stages of my journey,.

The voices and experiences of you and others always guide me, on my journey.

Thank you and all who share their own experiences, for the greater good of us all

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The voice of reasoned discussion as always @PenguinMum .

I bow to yours and others long term knowledge of this disease,
and as @ianpspurs
Rightly points I am at the early stages of my journey,.

The voices and experiences of you and others always guide me, on my journey.

Thank you and all who share their own experiences, for the greater good of us all
Gosh I dont deserve that and @ianpspurs is much more experienced in this art and for longer and has been hugely supportive to me and others with great spirit. All I can do is encourage and report how I find it. You are all truly wonderful and thank you.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will just add that we are all fabulous. It doesn't matter what our FBG is on a given day, or whether we're in or out of hospital, or whether we prefer cats or dogs or motorcycles, or how much we drink, or whether we eat LC or LCHF or DASH or how many wagons we fall off of or drive off at a gallop or steady road trot, or whether we even show up here every day or not, we're all fabulous.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh I dont deserve that and @ianpspurs is much more experienced in this art and for longer and has been hugely supportive to me and others with great spirit. All I can do is encourage and report how I find it. You are all truly wonderful and thank you.
Blush squared. I am just a very confused, grumpy country bumpkin

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will just add that we are all fabulous. It doesn't matter what our FBG is on a given day, or whether we're in or out of hospital, or whether we prefer cats or dogs or motorcycles, or how much we drink, or whether we eat LC or LCHF or DASH or how many wagons we fall off of or drive off at a gallop or steady road trot, or whether we even show up here every day or not, we're all fabulous.

Bravo again and again. Totally agree @SaskiaKC .

Dawnmc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

Sorry dropped off the radar but so busy at school. Fbgs been a bit higher after last weekend's excesses, with 6.3 rather than 5.3. Dropping to high 4s by teatime though. Wondering if it also has something to do with the reduction in metformin kicking in.

Still...we keep going, one more week til Easter hols. I did major gardening this weekend so things progressing nicely, if at the cost of major aches and pains!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goodnight everyone sleep well
FB_IMG_1526552023384.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I accidentally had a beer last night.
Hubby asks if I want anything to drink
I said , yes please Diet Coke,
he returns with a beer for me.

Hahaha....nice one :hilarious::hilarious:

If that's a problem there, imagine what it's been like here...:***:

Foreign language..+ "water" " beer" "diet coke"
All sounding SO similar..:D

I too, am too polite to make a fuss, and just keep drinking, to keep the peace, and do my bit for international relations....( Honest ;) )

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 and I am amazed :wideyed:

Last night I had a late call and was 'dragged' out to the reopening of the local pub (I'm not a pub goer but 'free food' was mentioned). Ended up with steak & ale pie, chips and peas, followed by ice cream.

I'd like to think I understood my diabetes but I don't.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 and I am amazed :wideyed:

Last night I had a late call and was 'dragged' out to the reopening of the local pub (I'm not a pub goer but 'free food' was mentioned). Ended up with steak & ale pie, chips and peas, followed by ice cream.

I'd like to think I understood my diabetes but I don't.

Sounds like a wonderful way to sin