What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Testing when we wake up first thing gives us a baseline BG reading. Taking a shower or almost any activity before breakfast will cause your BG to rise. Not sure why yours used not to.

So good to hear your diabetic screening was a better experience than previous years. Thanks for keeping us posted.
I usually test after I have carried out my morning ablutions but before I have had breakfast so still fasting. I guess its what I'm comfortable with.
My time in range is way above the gold standard of 70% that I’m asked to try to achieve. My last Hba1c at 38.

Even though I have extremely good control,I’m going on Omnipod 5 closed loop this October.

There is technology out there that can take away the multiple decisions I have to make everyday, and take away the constant mental burden of T1.

I’m having to self fund due to not meeting the regulations and the only way I can get funding would be to deliberately take my eye off the ball and allow my stats to worsen.

I eat normally but have fine turned my ratios and normally bang on.

Seems I’m penalised for good control, saving the nhs interventions, no matter what the mental burden.
View attachment 62867
I'm well impressed, thank you for sharing.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was 5.4 this morning which seems ok but the lower number is the result of imbibing alcohol so sometime tomorrow or the next day I will pay the price. Very poor sleep at the moment thought maybe a glass of the hard stuff would send me to sleep, it did but I was still awake at 4:00 and got up at 5:00. This is getting to be a habit which I don't really care for.

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually test after I have carried out my morning ablutions but before I have had breakfast so still fasting. I guess its what I'm comfortable with.

I'm well impressed, thank you for sharing.

No problem, not sure which is harder to control type 1 or 2.

For me I accurately carb count/ guesstimate and do lots of small corrections if required. Illness, sleep, stress and general life all have an effect, but I’m in charge not diabetes