What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all my sugars are 15.4 this morning on the Libre 2
Morning @ Jordi77. Your FBG numbers look erratic, it must be said.

Most of us on this FBG thread (and the parallel thread for Type 2s) log our numbers first thing as soon as we wake up. BG readings rise once we start to move around, but recording as we wake makes the circumstances of each result as close to identical as possible.

FBG readings taken under the same conditions provide a helpful benchmark for day to day comparison.

wotn

HI, I'm new! I have type 2 and to be honest I haven't been given much info relating to diabetes. My glucose levels (fasting) have ranged from 12.9 to 28.5 over the last two weeks. I have only just started checking them. I take metformin. I'm not even sure how good/bad these are.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI, I'm new! I have type 2 and to be honest I haven't been given much info relating to diabetes. My glucose levels (fasting) have ranged from 12.9 to 28.5 over the last two weeks. I have only just started checking them. I take metformin. I'm not even sure how good/bad these are.
Evening @wotn and welcome to this FBG thread. We're pleased you could join us.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take metformin. I'm not even sure how good/bad these are.
Hi @wotn.

I'm a metformin user. How long have you been taking metformin tablets?

Unrelated, your profile (shown on the left of your screen) doesn't tell us the type of diabetes you've developed and whether treated with medication or diet alone.. Might be helpful to update, if you would like advice from members on other threads.

Once again, welcome.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All so 7.3 today after a lovely mid 6 yesterday. Welcome @wotn and good advice from @LivingLightly. Read around the forum and you will get lots of useful info that we can’t go into here as we need to stay on topic. If you’re starting out FBG is tricky to get down and I would recommend focusing on the day time readings after food. Happy Sunday everyone.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all. FBG this morning was 5.9, so staying in the right general zone for me.

Went for a swim & now baking some sugar free cookies for treats. I find it easier to resist the full blown sugar fest that is Easter if I’ve got an alternative that isn’t going to blast my BG into the stratosphere.