What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RD02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a 9.4 this morning and was happy. However my sensor is all over the show, alarmed a low (was actually 11.9 at the time!) so can't trust it. its refusing to scan quite a bit too.
Contacted supplier and they are sending a fresh one. Really annoyed as I don't have a spare at the moment so I'm back to the finger pricks:(
I'm wondering if its actually the site - Im having trouble when its in my left arm, but never this bad before - does anyone else have an Idea why its happening? or trouble with a particular arm?
Also a bit unhappy as call centre person pointed out its not compatible with my phone anymore and not to do a software update as I wont be able to use it. Suggested I get a reader. Having health problems is expensive!

Sound like a bad sensor, you did the right thing requesting a new one! For placement is quite a trail and individual. I only occasionally wear the sensor on the underneath of my arm. I used to end up lying on it and getting compression lows in the night!!

I’m off label for l placement. I use the lower stomach, small of the back, upper thigh. The upper thigh front gives for me very good accuracy.

For the app you might want to try
Shuggah. It has the facility to Calibrate the sensor readings and also can be used with smart watches.

IMG_1715590451.404285.jpg
IMG_2223.jpg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning. Trying to keep in the zone but it is getting a lot tougher. Head not in the right place at the moment.
Morning @Ryhia.

Well, you're another year older. When diet and exercise is insufficient to control BG levels, some of us need a helping hand. That said, your HbA1c results look fine to date. I hope your BG readings settle down soon.

Peanut234

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Sound like a bad sensor, you did the right thing requesting a new one! For placement is quite a trail and individual. I only occasionally wear the sensor on the underneath of my arm. I used to end up lying on it and getting compression lows in the night!!

I’m off label for l placement. I use the lower stomach, small of the back, upper thigh. The upper thigh front gives for me very good accuracy.

For the app you might want to try
Shuggah. It has the facility to Calibrate the sensor readings and also can be used with smart watches.

View attachment 67651View attachment 67652
Thanks @RD02 I'll look into that app.
I do think long (maybe medium) term i'll have to look at other areas for placement, however I'm still on my diabetes training wheels, and I've got surgery coming up so i'll stick to the right arm for now.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 at 6am. Must get up earlier, might be better readings!
Evening @florvic. 6.00 am seems pretty early to me.

As an alternative approach, have you considered @MissMuffett's challenge to stop eating after 7.00 pm? Meeting that 7.00 pm target has worked wonders for some of us.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 at 7am. My pain reached an all time high yesterday. Id taken all the painkillers I could and still had sciatica radiating down to my ankle. My neighbour gave me a tiger balm patch which was lovely and soothing. I had to take half a nytol at midnight so now I feel hungover :( Roll on 1st July.

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone and hugs to those that would like one x

flonvic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening @florvic. 6.00 am seems pretty early to me.

As an alternative approach, have you considered @MissMuffett's challenge to stop eating after 7.00 pm? Meeting that 7.00 pm target has worked wonders for some of us.

Thanks.I don't eat after 6.30 p.m

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks.I don't eat after 6.30 p.m

Have you tried waiting half an hour? Obvs only if you have time, but I noticed when I was doing the Libre that there is a big foot on the floor surge when I wake up/get up, which settles down once I’ve been up for a while, but still before breakfast. It’s annoying because it’s so dependent on when on that curve i do the test.