What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Tuesday!
4.66 at 5:00 am California time. Personally, timing is important for me. What time do I start fasting and what time do I end after 8-9 hrs. My FBG is just about the same for the last 2 months. Have a nice day everyone!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Tuesday!
Personally, timing is important for me. What time do I start fasting and what time do I end after 8-9 hrs. My FBG is just about the same for the last 2 months.
Hi Omar51

Agreed, but I suppose it depends on the purpose of your FBG records. Testing as we wake is the simplest way to ensure the conditions pre check are as close to identical as humanly possible. The results then provide a useful benchmark for day to day comparison.

Our results if checking some time later will depend on what we were up to between getting out of bed and logging our FBG. When attempting a day to day comparison, we could be comparing apples and pears.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
5.8 @ 4:26am. Yesterday 6.9. I dropped while point. Sleep is absent so I got up and tested. May 2024, HbA1c 48.00 down 7 points from 55.00 in October last year.

Physios coming to Castile Estragon this morning.

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 @ 4:26am. Yesterday 6.9. I dropped while point. Sleep is absent so I got up and tested. May 2024, HbA1c 48.00 down 7 points from 55.00 in October last year.

Physios coming to Castile Estragon this morning.
Congratulations @Estragon on an improved HbA1c result. Well done you.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Omar51

Agreed, but I suppose it depends on the purpose of your FBG records. Testing as we wake is the simplest way to ensure the conditions pre check are as close to identical as humanly possible. The results then provide a useful benchmark for day to day comparison.

Our results if checking some time later will depend on what we were up to between getting out of bed and logging our FBG. When attempting a day to day comparison, we could be comparing apples and pears.

Hi lívingLighty
Thanks for the reply. I am pre for about 14 years. I have been through lots of ups and downs. My numbers are in the non diabetic range including A1c. I don’t take any medication. I regularly see my PCP, Nephrologist and diabetes dietitian.

Lately I am following a certain routine, it seems like it’s working for me. I also do a lot of testing pre and 2 hours after the meals. I log every meal. Thanks for the useful info.