Whats everyones worst fall off the wagon?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On the day of my HbA1c reading, I now have what I call an HbA1c party. This is where I go out for the most carby meal I can find, drink loads of beer, have a pudding, book the following day off work and eat loads of chocolate. Then back onto low carbing. Can't wait for my next one in November!

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Big fall off the wagon yesterday...went into a coffee shop for a slug of caffeine and noticed they had rum babas for sale. Haven't seen one for years, and used to love them. Couldn't resist the temptation, and OOOHHHH! it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!

suehatton

I think youre right...its just making me hungry!! As meltdowns go it was pretty lame, half an M&S chicken and chorizo sarnie with most of a small packet of their healthy crisps. Then 3 salt and pepper chicken wings with 3 tiny squares of chocolate......Rock and Roll!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I definitely feel bad now! My biggest fall off the wagon was a few months ago which may have consisted of eating a whole box of roses (the big size box) And some malteasers!!
It was over a couple of days but it was a bad glitch ..opps

LittleWolf

WOW even a non diabetic would be reeling after that lol

I had dinner at my boyfriend's house of lamb and chicken kebabs (not the greasy chip shop kind). Had a small glass of white with it. Was proud of myself for having only a small amount and think the wine contributed to the low 6.1 postprandial reading! 6.1! Amazing!

But was peckish a half hour later and my boyfriend and I shared a bag of garlic prawn crackers thinking I was ok with the low after dinner reading.

19.4 Highest reading to date @_@ How the hell did that happen? Dinner was fine... A bag of prawn crackers...

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
mo1905 said:
Great words ! Like it ! So very true. I just put a chocolate biscuit back after reading that lol !

I have a dymo label stuck to the shelf by the biscuit barrel. It reads B=D!!!
Translated, biscuits = diabetes. It slowed me down until I found the strength to stop, no more biscuits. Hmmm, biscuits...

Why isn't there a drooling smiley face when you need one.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It was actually a few weeks after mu baby was born, I'd been so strict in pregnancy with readings (one hour less than 7mmol) and I pigged out on a raspberry muffin, a milkyway bar, and some Thornton chocolates. Cough cough 26mmol... Just wasn't worth it at all.

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
LittleWolf said:
WOW even a non diabetic would be reeling after that lol

19.4 Highest reading to date @_@ How the hell did that happen? Dinner was fine... A bag of prawn crackers...

I know it was a very bad decision! Unfortunately when I open something I tend to finish it.

19.4 isn't that bad. I've neared 30 on occasion, but hopefully those numbers are a thing of the past now I am low carbing (& hopefully won't fall off the wagon too badly again)

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry that sounded like I don't mind having high BS, which I do. 19.4 isn't the worst it could be, but having sugar that is in the appropriate / acceptable range is obviously much much better!

LittleWolf

Well for someone who is not actually diagnosed as diabetic, underweight most of her life, an active ballet dancer, equestrian and gymnast without any assistance from doctors/medication, it is kind of unnerving and frustrating.. Trying to keep it all down and running smoothly all by myself :/

I am going to email my GP with that reading and ask if anyone is going to give a girl some help lol

30 is crazy... I'd rather not let it get up there @_@ I'm 20. If I'm experiencing mild complications with these levels now I knownI'd better put my foot down before I get like some of you guys (no offence)

We've all got to accept a blip and concentrate on working out how to fix it I guess. :3 *hugs all around*

LittleWolf

And yup I know the I-started-It-got-to-finish-it habit too! I was always forced to finish what's on my plate as a child (starving people in Africa guilt trip) and even when I really don't want what's on the plate/in the bag I still feel compelled to finish or punishment will follow @_@