What's for Dinner Tonight?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Reet and cug - I'd eat at your gaff any night of the week!!!

No dinner for me tonight - I'm off to the cinema to watch Wolverine - so I'll be tucking into a bucket of popcorn (not lo-carb, i know - but I've been good for ages, so I'm treating myself!)

Peace, Love and (salted) Popcorn.

pedro606

Reetpetite said:
Friday night is curry night! I'm having Chicken Tandoori (my own healthy recipe) with large salad and yoghurt dressing - can't wait. I've made myself hungry just thinking about!

Rita :p
Any chance of your recipe. I do tikka and tandoori but use supermarket products.
I have that earmarked for tomorrow.
Pete

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi all - here's my recipe for Tandoori Chicken (Serves 2)

2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size chunks
85g (3oz) natural yoghurt
handful of flaked almonds
Half tablespoon lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
half teaspoon fresh root ginger
half teaspoon ground cumin
half teaspoon ground coriander
quarter tsp ground turmeric
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt/pepper to taste

Put chicken pieces into shallow casserole. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread over the chicken - then cover the dish and place in fridge for an hour. Preheat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6. Bake chicken in the marinade for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.

Its delicious and very easy.

Rita

SusieQ

I'm shopping tonight so going for an easy option.

Cooked chicken from Tesco's hot cabinet with Mediteranean salad and new pots. My son will obvisously have most of the new pots.

pedro606

DeeCVee said:
My diabetes doctor thinks that I may have Diabetes LADA. I was only seen yesterday, despite initial diagnosis in November and after my GP told me last week that I definitely have Type 2. So, at present I'm trying to manage by diet alone until I have a confirmed diagnosis.

I am more or less in the same boat as you. I am diet controlled etc. It is only through the info obtained on this site that I have managed to get some modicom of control on my BS and also I have lost about a stone and half in weight since February!

I know the doctor and the dietician do not agree about the low carbohydrate stuff but they can only go on what they read and not what they have experienced. that is why this site is great-- people actually come from a position of having experienced it.

Pete

Romola

For lunch, I made some Gazpacho, as chilled soup seemed just the thing on a hot day like today. Had half a small bread roll with it.

For dinner, OH will make an open sandwich using rye bread. I will have half a slice, and he (not diabetic and stick thin) will have a slice and a half. There will be some smoked salmon, a couple of prawns, lettuce, cucumber, onions, beetroot, and a squeeze of lemon (which will lower the Glycemic load of the meal).

Some strawberries and blueberries (and a bit of leftover cream) for pudding.