What's for Dinner Tonight?

Trinkwasser

Ok, last night was the rest of the chicken stirfried with peppers garlic streaky bacon and a few other things served with quinoa.

Tonight is grilled bacon, portobello mushrooms fried in olive oil and either purple sprouting or sprouts, I haven't decided yet.

Tomorrow will probably be chilli beef with similar veggies, mushrooms and red kidney beans. OK I'll do that with sprouts so that means the purple sprouting tonight.

I have loads of salad with my breakfasts and late night meals, either smoked salmon and oatcakes, peppered mackerel with almonds or prawn curry made with original ingredients (I can eat hotter stuff and nuts after mother has gone to bed, she can't handle them). Also I have bought a couple of kippers and a pheasant for later in the week.

I have a recipe somewhere for low carb rhubarb crumble

<rustle rustle>

Rhubarb crumble for one
Ingredients
Metric Imperial Volume Carb (g)
Rhubarb, stewed 150 g / 125 ml 5¼ oz ½ cup 1.20
Sweetener (liquid) To taste To taste To taste 0.00
Topping
Butter 25 g / 30 ml ¾ oz 2 T 0.00
Full fat soya flour 10 g / 30 ml 1/3 oz 1/8 cup / 2 T 1.50
Soya bran 25 g / 60 ml ¾ oz ¼ cup 1.88
Ground almonds 10 g / 25 ml 1/3 oz 5 t 0.43
Sweetener (granular) 2½ t 2½ t 2½ t 1.25
Total carbs 6.26
Number of servings 1
Carbs per serving 6.26
To prepare
Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish, adding liquid sweetener to taste. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and rub in the
butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (If the mixture is too wet a little protein powder can be added.) Sprinkle
the crumble mixture on top of the rhubarb and bake.
To cook
Cooking method Bake
Pan Ovenproof dish
Temperature 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
Cooking time 20 ? 25 minutes
Notes
To reduce the carbohydrate count to 2.75 g use liquid sweetener instead of granular, substitute the soya flour with 40 ml /
1/6 cup vanilla protein powder, reduce the soya bran to 1 T and increase the ground almonds to 60 ml / ¼ cup.
Variations can be made using other relatively low carbohydrate fruits such as gooseberries, raspberries and blackberries,
although none is as low in carbohydrate as rhubarb.

lilibet

Tonight was home made chicken curry

Tons of veg, chicken, garlic, tomatoes, garam masala, bit of balti paste
Topped with low fat creme fraiche mixed with mint
Other half had basmati rice and I had cauli rice, fried with coriander and garlic/olive oil.

Tomorrow am going to make fish kebabs, with likely steamed veg or sorts on the side, Also going to make biccies again.

saz1

My dinner tonight at work is a lamb shank slowcooked with rosemary, pink, green and black peppercorns, lamb stock and ground juniperberries. With it I have cauli mash made with cream and butter, steamed leeks, carrots, green beans and red peppers. Yummy!

Dessert is strawberry jelly with 3 cherry halves made with 300 ml of water and 200 ml diet pop (mango,orange and peach) with some squirty cream.

Tomorrow it will be pork and leek sausage casserole made with butternut squash, peppers, onions and leeks with a portion of dreamfields pasta and salad followed by more jelly, cream and topped with seeds and nuts.

Then the night after should be a pizza made with 2 low carb tortillas with cheese in between, topped with pepperoni, onions, tomato sauce, garlic and green peppers followed by strawberries and cherries with cream and nuts.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I love liver! Especially with bacon.I also put sausages in as well ,sometimes.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Saturday night, steak night. :twisted:

Fillet steak, a puree of celeriac with cream and nutmeg, savoy cabbage with butter and chilli flakes.

Oh yeah.

fergus

Thirsty

Splashed out on some venison for this evening's meal. Cooked with red wine, shallots, garlic and herbs and served with greens and sweet potato mash. Delicious!

Orchid

Tonight (Saturday night)

Scallops in lemon butter, with salad and coleslaw. You buy them in frozen bags (Asda 250g). I bag per person is what I served for a main course. Defrost the scallops, then heat some olive oil in a large frying pan, add scallops and cook for a little while. Make up the lemon butter - a tablespoon of butter per person, add the zest and juice of a lemon, some salt and pepper, then pop in the microwave to melt and mix all together. Then add this to the scallops, cook on low for a little while longer and the scallops will go golden brown and caramelise a little. Amazing!

CalicoBec

We had chicken salad and it was really nice :)

Found a new favourite recently though which was tuna salad with one egg cut up, and some mayo, really love that!

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
I love liver! Especially with bacon.I also put sausages in as well ,sometimes.

Liver and bacon. With runner beans <sigh>

Mother can't eat the liver any more for fear of gout.

Jo123

Been really naughty foodwise tonight, had main meal at lunchtime as my son home from uni (to get his washing done!) and he needed to catch train at 4pm. So tonight I have eaten 4 large handfuls of almonds, 4 big spoonfuls of sugar free peanut butter, 4 squares of 85% chocolate spread with unsalted butter, I feel quite bloated, think I need a couple of glasses of red wine to wash it down :D :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having Kofte Swewers with chilli sauce (I'll probably throw on a little myo for good measure), with either green beans or spinach.

Gotta be some green stuff in there somewhere!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Chisken chasseur with dream fields pasta. I made it Saturday, but it didn't get eaten.

Trinkwasser

Last night, rabbit casserole with celery and carrots among others, including wrapping with streaky bacon, and purple sprouting broccoli.

Tonight, peppered mackerel grilled with toasted almonds and a small amount of basmati rice and a disgustingly large chunk of wholemeal bread. Sometimes you just have to. I will have more salad and olives later to atone for my sin, oh no I will have the next avocado, yes. that'll do it.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Last night it was cauliflower, carrots, peas, mushrooms all in a creamy chicken sauce. The sauce was chicken soup!!!! An experiment by sister. Next time it will have to be done with Campbells condensed soup.
Tonight it's lower fat fish with oven chips and garden peas. Yummy.
Poor buny though......better double check the number of bunnies in my back garden then to check they're all there!! Joke!! :mrgreen:

pedro606

A boring bolognese sauce(home made with minced beef) with dreamfields penne pasta. I shall have quite a few shavings of parmesan cheese to make up for the garlic bread that I used to have but no longer do.

Last night I had a lovely lamb curry with lashings of 'cauliflower rice'!

I have to say that since I was diagnosed T2 a couple of months ago it has made my shopping more interesting and also I vary my meals more often. Have to give it some thought now!

Pete

popps

Hi Pedro,
Is Dreamfields as low carb as it states? Only 5g digestable carbs? I presume it must be, otherwise many people on this forum and elsewhere would be vilifying it.

pedro606

You may have a point. What did surprise me that two hours after the meal my BS was 6.8- from my recent readings after meals I consider that highish. I also cooked them as directed on the packet ie al dente. I also did not have a massive portion but enought to be able to enjoy a meal.

The jury must still be out on those.

What I do find enjoyable are the low carb wraps that can be purchased. Never high after them for me.

Pete

viv1969

Making a shepherds pie tonight also, but istead of topping with potatoes (I miss you, my darling spuds), I'm topping with a rich cauliflower cheese (I saw it a few pages back on here!). Accompanied by roasted carrots, green beans and peppers.

I don't 'do' puds.

viv1969

Oh yes..before I forget....where can I find these low carb wraps / tortillas of which you speak?
And the dreamfields pasta?