Dislikes
I can't have it often
35 to what. What is the 0.5 ish ?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
1 unit for 10 grams, 1 units for 8 grams and 1 unit for 15 grams, in that order as the day goes on...

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I assume that's 0.5 units of insulin to 35g carbs? I expect you will see quite a range of answers to this one, it can vary loads.
I'm using 1 unit to 9g

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
1 unit for 10 morning
1 unit for 8 dinner time
1 unit for 9 teat time

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
1.5 units per 10 grammes of carbs at breakfast. 1 unit per 10 grammes of carbs for the rest of the day.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
1 unit for 5 breakfast
1 unit for 8 lunch
1 unit for 5 for anything that isn't bread type stuff, 1:10 for bread type stuff (eg bread, pizza, pitta bread) for dinner

1 unit for 5 for snacks

At the carb counting course I just went to the range went from 1unit to 2 grams up to 1unit to 50 grams of carbs

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
1 unit for 10gm Breakfast
1 unit for 9gm Lunch
1 unit for 8gm Dinner

I only inject my Levemir once at night so the Bolus needs to compensate later in the day

Norman83

Hi Guys,
I am newbie here adn as type 1 too.
As per my calculations, my correction ratio is 1u:5 points (mmol/dl) adn my bolus ratio is around 1u:6 g of carbs.
Since I am a new. I want to ask if this is a bad ratio?
Is it too much or average or what?
Clueless here. Is there any app that can help me calculate this (iphone6s) , entering the carbs and BS level before eating to calculate correction.
Please, give me a hand.
This first week is terrible bearing with this so I will appreciate any help.
Thank you all.

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning 1 to 10, Lunch can be anything from 1 to 5 to 8, depending on what I am doing ( activity) dinner 1 to 8/10, with not much activity.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys,
I am newbie here adn as type 1 too.
As per my calculations, my correction ratio is 1u:5 points (mmol/dl) adn my bolus ratio is around 1u:6 g of carbs.
Since I am a new. I want to ask if this is a bad ratio?
Is it too much or average or what?
Clueless here. Is there any app that can help me calculate this (iphone6s) , entering the carbs and BS level before eating to calculate correction.
Please, give me a hand.
This first week is terrible bearing with this so I will appreciate any help.
Thank you all.
There's no good or bad ratios as all our bodies work differently. Mine varies throughout the day depending on whether I'm moving or sitting at a desk. I also need more for certain foods such as pasta.

I work on about 1:15 and adjust for what I'm doing / eating. My meter is an Accu-chek which keeps track of what I've injected.

Norman83

There's no good or bad ratios as all our bodies work differently. Mine varies throughout the day depending on whether I'm moving or sitting at a desk. I also need more for certain foods such as pasta.

I work on about 1:15 and adjust for what I'm doing / eating. My meter is an Accu-chek which keeps track of what I've injected.

So my ratio is OK. I kind of think that my ratio is very poor based on yours 1:15.
Who could

Norman83

1 unit for 5 breakfast
1 unit for 8 lunch
1 unit for 5 for anything that isn't bread type stuff, 1:10 for bread type stuff (eg bread, pizza, pitta bread) for dinner

1 unit for 5 for snacks

At the carb counting course I just went to the range went from 1unit to 2 grams up to 1unit to 50 grams of carbs

Im somewhere there too☹️