borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
bowell said:
More like
Well controlled diabetics will significantly Lower the risk of complications.

Of course this is true. I said above that the "well controlled diabetics don't get complications" is probaby not true, but it suits me to believe it.

(I do struggle to see though, that if you haven't done too much damage pre-diagnosis, and you keep your BG to near non-diabetic levels, how big the risk for complications could be. There could be second order things going on with insulin I suppose, but it's difficult to legislate for that).

bowell said:
Be afraid be Very Afraid
As thats what will give you the drive for the best control you can , help you miss the bullets

Exactly.

bowell said:
You cant run if your in a hospital Bed or end up Perm in a Wheelchair M8?

Then you do what you can Bob. There is nothing that I can teach you about handling diabetes in difficult circumstances (or about not letting you get it down). I run 20 miles a week and avoid chocolate hobnobs, you undertake 800kcal diets and make a success of it.

I don't mean to sound patronizing (honestly I don't), but if you can get your HbA1C down while sitting in a wheelchair, then there isn't much of an excuse for the rest of us.

[but of course other people have their own crosses to bear, and there own circumstances which make BG control difficult, etc, etc].

paula1974

Im already in a wheelchair and have brought my hba1c down from 8.2 to 6.7 in 3 months. It can be done, but yes, very hard.

Because of already being in a wheelchair, my biggest fear is blindness (I already have a cateract), as this would mean I could not drive and lose my independence, also could not watch tv and read. Not being able to drive would be the worst

Paula