Who is deleting / editing Posts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From the few other forums (fora?) I've been on, what happens here is universal. I put it all down to human nature.
Seriously, my memory is so dodgy these days that I genuinely have no recollection of making some earlier posts, so if any of mine have disappeared I probably don't know.
Many years ago as a "cub" reporter I found a story I was rather proud of in the newspaper wrapped around my fish and chips. Quite a lot of my self-importance disappeared with the paper in the bin.

Reactions: 10 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
People can bring out their own grievances, but we agree with @Brunneria - we should look forward, not back. The mods are doing a very good job along with @Giverny and everyone else who contributes. The forum has over 100,000 active members (i.e. either post/read) monthly, so their voluntary actions are commendable. These things happen, but through dialogue and transparency, there is progress :)

One note worth making is that the one things mods don't do, which Giv/Admin are privy to, is see the way people react to edits/deletes/temporary bans - this can get frustrating as often only one side of the story is seen/heard. Sometimes, they are completely unwarranted and unnecessary/very OTT.

Yet, forwards is the way we're going - the forum rules will be updated shortly and we'll move on.... from... now!

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.