Who Says You Can’t have a Low Carb Christmas!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just planned my Christmas Day menus, still under my daily limit of 45g of carbs, just! Of course I may stray off the plan, but will still be way less than the average carboholic! :joyful: And yes I am a numbers geek! :D
Edit for typo

DB50F3C8-76CF-4C87-BE13-EBCCFAAF14D4.jpeg

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox your menu looks brilliant!! Enjoy! And have a very happy Christmas.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Me, just too jovial!

Bah humbug!

Nope! Can't have them either!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just planned my Christmas Day menus, still under my daily limit of 45g of carbs, just! Of course I may stray off the plan, but will still be way less than the average carboholic! :joyful: And yes I am a numbers geek! :D
Edit for typo

View attachment 52559
You seem to have forgotten the aperitif, the wine with the meal, the digestif, the evening drink and the nightcap!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You seem to have forgotten the aperitif, the wine with the meal, the digestif, the evening drink and the nightcap!
I’m a cheap date, I don’t drink alcohol! Pepsi Max will do me just fine :)

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks wonderful, @Rachox, hope you enjoy every sip, bite & your day. I will forego everything but some meat & cheese so I can blow the carbs on my traditional glass of Baileys. :happy:

Merry Christmas!

Caprock94

Well done! You did a hell of a lot better than I did. I completely fell off the wagon the past couple of days. So many pies, Christmas cookies, etc available. I ate things I normally don't. Checked my blood sugar, and was surprised it wasn't worse. So I ate more! Not a great idea. Back on the program tomorrow!

Merry Christmas everyone!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything went according to plan. A nice 4.2 this morning, enjoyed my big glass of vodka and slimline schwepps and some 90% dark chocolate :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I kept more or less to my plan, I did an extra LC mince pie with one of the coffees and a mouthful of my son’s very chocolately birthday cake (yes Christmas Day baby!). My FBS yesterday was 5.0 and I finished on a 4.7 before bed, what happened in between I don’t know nor care! FBS today 5.4. I’m happy with all that :)

Reactions: MrsA2

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am afraid I ate what everyone else was eating. I was in a sod it mood. We were at our daughter's house from 1pm to 11pm. I did not take my meter. I did not test before bed, in fact I just fell into bed. This morning I was 5.4, so very happy with that, but I don't think I will be eating much today, I haven't any room left, and I believe I have a hangover - the first in a very long time.

Lakeslover

I did ok yesterday. A slice of good bread lunchtime was my biggest vice causing the spike you can see here, the Christmas pudding at around 7.30 didn’t cause a real spike but did cause my sugars to run higher than usual overnight.

184EFDD1-6387-4E8E-9B74-83BE7A4A2BC3.jpeg

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was nowhere near your fine numbers before, @Rachox, happens on the odd day. My FBS yesterday was 5.8, then just before midnight, 5.6. I was rather happy & like you, I don't care what went on in between, I did stick to my food plan. But.... I either had a duff strip, soap residue or the Baileys plus other drinks I was fed through the day & evening bit back this morning with 7.6. :woot: :bag:
I did enjoy them all though.

ETA: Erm...I was actually given two litre bottles of Baileys for Christmas. :woot:

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,
Hope you had a good one.

Pretty LC for me..

The only plan made was to eat out & be catered for the whole family. (12 of us.)
Which turned out to be in my favour in the form of a Christmas carvery? "Oh, can I be cheeky & get a cut of beef alongside that turkey?"
I do have a weakness for spouts.
Lol. My brother in law slamming extra beef on my plate..
Cheeseboard for desert. But by then, I was stuffed..

Who says you can't.?
Even if it was totally unplanned with an "unknown quantity" other than where we were going.
Designated driver. So no booze.

My wife likes jigsaws.. oddly its on topic. She got gifted this tricky gem... Beats the hell out of "the old masters."

20211227_211126.jpg

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Boooooo . . . . you low carb advocates

Us remissioners should gorge on this day of days . . .

Well I did one day, went mad, got away with it on the meter, then vowed to be a good boy, well accept for the vino

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Edit for typo

View attachment 52559
Can I ask, at the risk of sounding dumb, what a DGF mince pie is, please?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask, at the risk of sounding dumb, what a DGF mince pie is, please?
Oh sorry, being lazy not writing it out properly. It’s a low carb company that make low carb cakes, brownies and cookies and they did some Xmas stuff too this year. Here’s a link to the Deliciously Guilt Free website:
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/collections/all
They look low on choices just now, but they generally have stock updates on Friday evenings.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.

Well I did one day, went mad, got away with it on the meter, then vowed to be a good boy, well accept for the vino
Hi my hbc1a was 54mm in March then June 36mm then in November it was 35mm. I’ve just seen your post. And your diet only I am to what I wanted to know what happens if you do have a treat when your hbc1a is normal if you get a spike is that ok because your in the normal range? And alcohol is ok to drink the like vodka gin whiskey ext I do have a few coors light now and then I’m ok

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi my hbc1a was 54mm in March then June 36mm then in November it was 35mm. I’ve just seen your post. And your diet only I am to what I wanted to know what happens if you do have a treat when your hbc1a is normal if you get a spike is that ok because your in the normal range? And alcohol is ok to drink the like vodka gin whiskey ext I do have a few coors light now and then I’m ok

It is very much personal choice if you have a treat from time to time or have a complete blow out like @Ronancastled did on Christmas Day.
I go the occasional treat way. Ultimately testing is your friend @Jayne1983 to see how your body reacts to whatever you choose to eat.
Either way of enjoying Christmas, birthdays etc… you still have to have the will power to not do it too often or you end up on the slippery slope :wideyed:

Reactions: Jayne1983

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Hi Rachel thanks yer I’m still low carb around about 40 to 60 a day I still haven’t had a treat or a blow out yet I’m to scared to because I don’t know much about Diabetes still haven’t seen my nurse since March. So a treat on birthdays Christmas ext are ok. But what happens if you spike? Does it count as dangerous even when your bloods are normal I don’t understand it. Thanks