Who still wears their masks

sue512

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Not normally only in work and the advice on that is forever changing(hospital), but then again I’m not going into crowds or out as much as I used to as have adapted to occupying myself at home.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t and haven’t for a long while, I very rarely see anyone wearing one these days. I was at the doctor last week and no one had one on

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not in general, but if I'm going to my Dr's, hospital or an airport I'll put one on. I got COVID a few weeks back.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I wear one in medical places and on the rare occasions I go into shops. Not with my close friends as I trust them to keep me safe. I don't go out if I have any cold symptoms as my asthma flares up too much.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I do not believe they stop air-born viruses like c19 so would not wear one either to protect myself or others. I feel sad when I see others still wearing them in late 2022 .
Yeh that's why I don't use an umbrella in the rain the rain just passes strait through as every one knows.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The people I know who don't wear one seem to be the rebels in our society who just won't wear one just to say I ain't doing what you tell me to do .
I've only ever wore one when told to by signage to get in somewhere.
Mine isn't about rebelling it's about having a serious lung condition that makes it suffocating.
I had covid in February but didn't go to hospital.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not believe they stop air-born viruses like c19 so would not wear one either to protect myself or others. I feel sad when I see others still wearing them in late 2022 .
How do you know how vulnerable they are or even why they are wearing it. Perhaps they don’t want to spread the virus they themselves have. All the evidence about properly worn ffp masks (not under the nose baggy pieces of cloth where I’d actually agree with you) shows they do help both with transmission and prevention even if it’s not 100%. Whether you want to wear one or not is an entirely different discussion.

If I don’t believe the world is round that doesn’t make me right when the science says otherwise.

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
I dont wear a mask now. Been to the indian store today up the street.He is the first person
That I have seen wearing a mask for some time. As some people locally have had
Covid. I will be wearing a mask from tomoro. Don't care really about fashion
It's safety In the end.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oddly umbrellas work though.. the evidence for masks is pretty poor.
So next time you need an operation kindly inform the surgeon he can dispense with masks mind you when using an umbrella it's still possible to get wet say if your using it as a prop while dancing in the rain.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I still wear them if I am around people or at the drs or opticians. Have seen quite a few wearing them where I live.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 23.22.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 23.22.05.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't wear them. After doing much research I concluded they aren't effective against airborne virus. I rarely see anyone wearing one these days in my area.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is your friendly moderator speaking.

The question in this thread is a clear one: "Who still wears their masks?"

Please stick to this.
If you wish to continue further discussion based on a reply to this thread, please take it to PM.

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
That's it then some people do, some people dont. Well up to the individual in the end.(for whatever
reason) but going to wear mine. anyway. Surelly it will make some different. Better than none
Maybe.

Reactions: sleepster and HSSS

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
We can go on about this forever. People always have their own judgement in the end.What ever it is.
I do, he/she doesent.what does it matter in the end.Let everybody decide for themselves.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can go on about this forever. People always have their own judgement in the end.What ever it is.
I do, he/she doesent.what does it matter in the end.Let everybody decide for themselves.
Well it kind of does matter. If I choose to wear a mask it does no harm to anyone else. If a person with covid (flu or whatever else) chooses not to wear one they potentially will make others also sick, maybe seriously. Even if people only wore them when they know they have some sort of bug it would help the nhs cope this winter

The very obviously sick man on the plane 2 seats away in September from me made the choice not to wear a mask. I ended up in hospital as a result. It’s quite possibly had he not coughed sneezed and spluttered everywhere he would not have infected me. Who knows who else he gave his covid & flu to and what their outcome was.

But yes short of legislation (and even then) people will make their own choices. And there’s nothing any of us as individuals can do about it

Reactions: Aishia