Why do really goog threads get deleted in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitbyJet

Paul don't worry now. You are alright your questions have been answered and you are free to get support from any forum you want. And if you need to be a member of more than one forum then its your business, every forum offers their own kind of support. No need for rivalry.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Sid Bonkers said:
I post on both sites Unbeliever and have never made derogatory comments on either one about the other but I have posted on here when lies have been posted about one of the other forums owners, what was I supposed to do, let it go so that all the members here think that Ken (Cugila) was banned from here when he wasnt?

Actually, for the avoidance of doubt SId, Ken was banned as both Albert and Angeleyes, in the first case after an attack on this forum, and the second after an attack on me. But you know that. I'm not sure who benefits by continually dragging up the past and calling people liars.

Obviously Paul accidently opened some very old wounds. Although to be honest, it's difficult to see how you all could get so upset over something posted on a forum over a year ago. Welcome to the internet kids, if you can't handle it, there is a useful alternative called "real life".

As I said elsewhere, (in the words of Clara Barton):
I have an almost complete disregard of precedent, and a faith in the possibility of something better. It irritates me to be told how things have always been done. I defy the tyranny of precedent. I go for anything new that might improve the past.

Just let it go, and concentrate on helping each other, as WJ says.

Pneu

Paul1976 said:
I'm just visiting here as I pm'd Benedict yesterday to close my profile but I just wanted to say how I feel.

Paul Benedict is away until Tuesday so probably why you haven't had a reply. If you are serious about your account then please do get in touch via PM with myself or any other mod who will be able to sort it.

Reference the rest of this thread...

There are only 'sides' on this forum for those that choose to make them... All this fuss over a simple mistake and subsequent apology.. which appears to be over-looked at every opportunity is a trifle sad. Really you would think that as adults people would have better things to do with there time than sit and stir? I know the mod team certainly have better things to be doing than keeping an eye on the school playground.

Unfortunately this site does sit in a whole 'web' of other diabetes sites and blogs and people on those other sites are perhaps even less adult and mature in their approach and certainly what get's said about posters on here I can only deplore.. certainly what I have seen posted about Sid / Noble / Xyzzy and others I find pretty distasteful. You tend to find that people resort of insults or childishness when they have nothing constructive to say which is why for the most part what gets said elsewhere I mostly ignore.

In life you are always going to get people that disagree and opinions that vary frankly that's what makes us human... discussions on this forum are often heated but that's just because diabetes is something that effects all of us.. we are all passionate about it.. that's not something to be concerned about that just means we all care.. As I said in one of my posts the other day.. this isn't real life and it can be difficult sometimes to understand the meaning of the words without the body language to back them up... if we all just took a breath and a step back before reading the worst into posts then it would be a much nicer environment for all.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
borofergie said:
Actually, for the avoidance of doubt SId, Ken was banned as both Albert and Angeleyes, in the first case after an attack on this forum, and the second after an attack on me. But you know that. I'm not sure who benefits by continually dragging up the past and calling people liars.

Actually for the avoidance of doubt Ken (Cugila) as I stated was not banned from this forum, you are now playing with words Stephen, what has happened since is not disputed but xxxy was not talking about any other user name was he?

As for continually dragging things up do you mean the way you are stalking my every post on here and sending me unsolicited PM's to try to wind me up? As I said in my last PM'd reply to you Stephen, you will need a much better bait than that to get a bite out of me.

But I will say this in public and I will only say it once -------- DO NOT PM ME AGAIN--EVER - Keep your nasty comments for Eddies blog.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sid Bonkers said:
Actually for the avoidance of doubt Ken (Cugila) as I stated was not banned from this forum, you are now playing with words Stephen, what has happened since is not disputed but xxxy was not talking about any other user name was he?

What? So making lots of false user accounts and terrorising the forum is OK then? He, Ken (the actual real person rather than the username) was banned twice. An undisputed fact. Xyzzy wasn't lying, apparently you were.

But I will say this in public and I will only say it once -------- DO NOT PM ME AGAIN--EVER - Keep your nasty comments for Eddies blog.

Again, I don't post on any other blogs or forums. I hadn't even heard about that blog until you PMd it to me.

Remember?

:***:

Pneu

Sid Bonkers said:
borofergie said:

As for continually dragging things up do you mean the way you are stalking my every post on here and sending me unsolicited PM's to try to wind me up? As I said in my last PM'd reply to you Stephen, you will need a much better bait than that to get a bite out of me.

Sid.. If you are receiving PM's that you believe to break forum rules.. then the correct course of action is to report them.. or contact a mod / administrator.. Otherwise please keep your post's civil..

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sid Bonkers said:
Keep your nasty comments for Eddies blog.

You mean the blog (one of the many) where you appear to be a frequent poster? :thumbdown:

Let me just say, on the record, that anyone who posts comments about another someone from this site, on another forum or blog is a special type of coward. I'm more of a "say it your face" kind of guy. I have never posted on a Diabetes forum other than this one. Conspiracy theories suck :thumbdown:

Pneu

Guys that's enough.. if you have a grievance about a PM then raise a report.. If you want to argue over comments on a blog that frankly plays you all off against each other then please go elsewhere and do so... any more and I will be issuing suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.