Why do really goog threads get deleted in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owain2

I was following a really interesting thread about low carb and weight loss when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't make sense.

Owain

PS. I meant good not goog in the title :oops:

Unbeliever

Yes, its a shame .. I think it was just becoming a little too personal. I would hate to be a moderator! :)

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to the bother of reading the thread again from the start, after it was locked.

I think I can tell where someone's post derails it.

But here won't be the place for anyone to share their ideas about which one.

Might be an interesting diversion if you've got a few minutes :)

Geoff (no PMs about it being me, thanks )

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
I am quite happy to await the decision of the admins.

It is Good Friday and they are allowed sometime off so please give them a break.

I was out when the "incident" occurred and never saw the offending posts but have been informed about their content.

Please don't turn all conspiracy theory over this I don't want that to happen and its not necessary and do not approve.

owain2

Re: Why do really good threads get deleted in this forum?

If there's "An incident" why not delete, or edit the offending post? It looks quite Orwellian to remove the entire thread!

Owain

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Yes it does and I agree but I'm not allowed to say anymore :shh:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was very off topic. I'm know I'm guilty of relying to off topic replies. I apologise for that
Maybe the thread should have been split.
I was little perturbed to find it disappeared into the ether.

Paul1976

Dislikes
No need to apologise! :wink:
I've always found you very helpful! :thumbup:

Grazer

I'm not playing here, sounds far too dangerous! Wonder how long before this thread is locked.... :roll:

louiseb

The thread in question has not dissapeared, I moved it to the moderator forum to be edited and it will be back on the forum once it has been appropriately edited.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Strange you have just turned up Owain. As a brand new poster you seem to know a lot about how forums work. I wonder who you really are and why you're trying to stir things up. I would ask you and others considering similar things to stop. If the thread does get censored then I will also be disappointed as I was enjoying the debate with Phoenix.

I will say no more on this thread.

owain2

Of course I know how forums work, I'm not a moron!

I merely wondered why an interesting thread had been "Disappeared". Nothing strange about that or being a long time lurker. I don't have time to be posting on forums all day, hence I lurk!

Owain

Paul1976

Dislikes
Don't worry Owain!! You're not allowed to ask a simple question anymore without an aggressive answer.I daren't speak anymore..

WhitbyJet

xyzzy said:
Strange you have just turned up Owain. As a brand new poster you seem to know a lot about how forums work. I wonder who you really are and why you're trying to stir things up. I would ask you and others considering similar things to stop. If the thread does get censored then I will also be disappointed as I was enjoying the debate with Phoenix.

I will say no more on this thread.

My thoughts exactly, bit suspicious as a first post.....

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
xyzzy said:
Strange you have just turned up Owain. As a brand new poster you seem to know a lot about how forums work. I wonder who you really are and why you're trying to stir things up..

Thats funny I thought the same about you :?

As for why it has disappeared, I have no idea, all I said was that it had gone way off topic and turned into an NHS rant and that I didnt know what xxxy was talking about so here is a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head. The next moment it vanished. Just like that <Tommy Cooper smiley>

241px-Oolong_the_Rabbit%27s_last_performance_%282003%29.jpg

I s'pose this thread will get pulled now :roll:

A

Anonymous

That's more of a waffle than a pancake - unless you mean a Canadian pancake, which is waffly similar :lol:

Paul1976

Dislikes
Before it does Sid...+1

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
librarising said:
I went to the bother of reading the thread again from the start, after it was locked.

I think you will find that was the other thread that was moderated this morning the 'low carb and putting on weight' thread was pulled not locked :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sid I hope that was a low carb pancake or was the poor bunny only allowed a very small portion :?
CAROL

louiseb

Can we please just all calm things down and stop all of the personal attacks, or else I will lock this thread.

This forum is supposed to be here to debate, and be informative and supportive to members, so lets just get things back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.