Why lo-carb has to be hi-fat

sixfoot

John the important thing with the ratio is that in the absence of Carbs 58% of protien will convert to Glucose the rest goes to Amino Acids etc. If the weight still isnt shifting then lower the Protien a little and up the fats. It isnt an exact science and does seem strange but it does work plus because of the fats you actually eat less .
But stay away from anything with Trans fats or Hydrogenated etc..... poison

Dave P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
yoghurt
Thanks Dave - wish it was clearer on packaging about the different fats etc.

Just checked a Smoked Pork Sausage and the nutritional info says:
PROTEIN 13.0g
CARBS 0.0g
FAT 29.0g
OF WHICH SATURATES 13.0g

What it doesn't tell me is whether fats are trans etc!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...........

type2andnew

hi low-carbers

I tried the high animal fat too, tucking into bacon and eggs, mayonnaise and other goodies. However I soon started feeling nauseous - Metformin can make me feel that way. After several weeks my gut was so uncomfortable - won't go in to gory details! I HAD to do something. I have researched the acid/alkaline balance- surprisingly little said about it on this site, but it's big news for diabetes sufferers from what i have read. I am doing a de-tox, drinking Betonite clay/phsyillium husk shakes (you can google it and get all info and find acid/alkaline charts) This helpd to clear out toxins from gut. I'm eating much less meat, just a bit of chicken here and there, but lots of fresh fish, tofu and loads of veg, salads, cucumber, avos, parsley, garlic, ginger. From what I read lemons and limes are alkaline in tummy so I use them as flavouring - raw tomatoes OK too. I feel SO much more energetic, balanced and my tum feels much better. It's really worth checking out, but I know it's a different way of seeing things from the high animal fat way. Personally, as it's hard to digest that made my system far too acidic and led to digestive and other probs. Good luck to ya'll whatever suits you go for it!! There's a book on Mirale cure for Diabetes with alkaline diet. Good luck xx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
yoghurt
Thank you again Dave. I think I might be (relatively) safe. Label says 95% Pork, Water, Seasoning (salt, citric acid, sodium polyphosphates, flavourings, sodium nitrite) in Beef protein casings.
What goes into kebab meat is anybody's guess...........

I love this community

.......and thank you Ken.....

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a kebab FREAK!!! I've been gradually weaning myself off of Doner, though. That stuff can't be healthy (but it's soooooo delicioous :cry: ).

Went from Doner, to lamb shish/lamb doner mixed, and then down to Lamb Shish only. (Obviously NO pitta bread!)

Just recently I've treated myself to a shish/doner mixed as a treat. But it's back to shish for this cat!

Peace, Love and Greek Salad & Chilli Sauce. (LOTS of Chilli Sauce!).

sixfoot

Patch you are like the rest a self indulgent overeating lump.......Admit it :lol: :lol:
Budge up i want to eat mine before it gets cold
Dave P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
yoghurt
Really don't think you should mention 'donor' 'shish' and 'cat' in the same paragraph.

I think I will have to make a (surprisingly easy) leap of faith here and say I will no doubt continue with doner meat (cos love the taste, texture, the endorphin release etc) but may well intersperse occasions with shish kebabs.

Although both are 'moreish', with a doner there's generally more there to eat......

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
yoghurt
Wash your typewriting hands out with soap!

That would not only be sacrilege, it would ruin the whole experience for me.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
sixfoot said:
Patch you are like the rest a self indulgent overeating lump...

Nah. You got it all wrong, mate.

I'm just a greedy ******! :wink:

sixfoot

Patch ...... honesty is no defence.

repent sinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave P

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dave, mate - I love how the religious shouts are coming out following posts about kebabs!

If I could, I would owrship at the Bristol Grill Kebab Shop...

The Doner, the Shish, and the Chilli Sauce.

Amen.

sixfoot

Patch ...... i beseech theee !!!!! repent before ye are cast on the fires of hell.
Redeem thyself sinner !!

and yes just had a large donner .... bloody marv
Dave P

inwales

Patch said:
It's not the protein that makes you feel full (satiated), it's the fat. For dinner some nights I just have 2 slices of ham rolled around a nice lump of cream cheese with some coleslaw.

I still can't get my head around how little I am actaully eating, and the fact that I am not the slightest bit hungry! If I ate the equivalent amount of calories (or volume) of high carb food (bread/pasta/potatoes, etc...) I would still be ravenously hungry.

Something the dieting books never tell you, no wonder so many regain weight after the diets, they must crave fat so much!