Wolf hall

Janiept

Expert
I know you're joking but it might well come to that :D. I can hear my dear old Mum saying 'you have an over active imagination Janie'. Eeeek!

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds good ... I am getting into history more and more these days ...

After chatting on this forum I had another look at the website, they are doing so much more! I might have a trip down there in the summer

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Silent witness ...liked it towards the end ..last one next week I think ...it was really good..

Now had a short break , it will be waterloo rd in a min ...then I will read my book for a while ...

Reactions: 5 people

cazzycool

I've given my TV to MIL who has been in a home after being in hospital, she is going home for the first time this year tomorrow! I won't have the TV back, I am getting a new one, but will have a lot of catching up to do. I have watched Wolf Hall, 1 and 2 on the big TV, normally dominated by Hubby, and the first one seemed a bit boring. We were there when they were filming it, and the actors chatted to hubby about his hat! I have photos!

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

I've given my TV to MIL who has been in a home after being in hospital, she is going home for the first time this year tomorrow! I won't have the TV back, I am getting a new one, but will have a lot of catching up to do. I have watched Wolf Hall, 1 and 2 on the big TV, normally dominated by Hubby, and the first one seemed a bit boring. We were there when they were filming it, and the actors chatted to hubby about his hat! I have photos!
Really you have photos , that is great ...
Had to look away last night ...when they started chopping off heads ....
But enjoyed it though ...

Nice to know you are getting a new tv , yes you really will have lots of catching up to to...kat

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Would you post them for us cazzy please?

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm enjoying Wolf Hall, but I'm not sure I like the way the women are portrayed, and Henry as a benign king

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Sorry, not watched it yet, is it still on iPlayer ? I just got Homeland season 3 from Amazon I ordered yesterday but kinda busy squeezing things in to watch. :)
Henry was a ruthless, nasty and power crazy nutter today he'd be called a despot. Dismantled the monastries, made up a new church just for him and executed anybody at a whim even his wives. Pav is right not a nice gentle king. ;)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hubby recorded wolf hall for me as it was my bingo night out .
Will watch it over the weekend to catch up .

Strange how prince Charles supports someone (Hilary Mantal ) being so
negative towards the royal's and monarchy :confused:
You win Anna ? lol...just curious or was it a donation ?:D

C

chris lowe

I've been waiting ages for Sansom's book to come down in price. I read all his others before I got my Kindle.

Is the medicine man called Guy?

I agree that the Shardlake series really gives a good feel of the Tudor period. This one does too, but for the late Tudor times - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Witness-Matthew-Reed-Tudor-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00HGULBU0
That's it Guy. The new one has come down quite a bit as I always wait until the hype has died off I've got a feeling it was about £3

C

chris lowe

Just found this interesting thread. As I live in France, I can't get catch-up TV, so have to know what might be good in advance to set up to record it from satellite. So I really appreciate any tips!

Read Wolf Hall and it took me a while, but I do think she's a brilliant writer and so much cleverer than me! So have recorded the TV programmes and am looking forward to them.

Anyone a radio fan? Her short stories (assassination of Margaret Thatcher, etc) were recently serialised on Radio 4 and can be accessed via radio I-player( which I can get). I just love stories being read to me - a real comfort thing for me.

Also excellent at present is BBC 4 Saturday night's Spiral. I've seen the first 3 series (Engrenages from French TV) but have missed Series 4. The current one is series 5. Violent but realistic and informative particularly about French justice system.

Whilst we're sharing this sort of thing, I have followed some of the MOOC courses - great quality on huge variety of subjects. I've followed some on forensic science and police methodology that we see so often on TV. I really recommend having a look at what's available. www.FutureLearn.com

Happy viewing/listening,
Jane.
Have you watched last two episodes of Spiral yet? Gripping stuff. Next week is an Israeli series called Hostages and I've just realised watching the trailer that it was on last year I think as an American series with Toni Collette as a doctor who is supposed to kill the President as her family is held hostage. Think I might stick on a Wallander DVD.