Wolf hall

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you watched last two episodes of Spiral yet? Gripping stuff. Next week is an Israeli series called Hostages and I've just realised watching the trailer that it was on last year I think as an American series with Toni Collette as a doctor who is supposed to kill the President as her family is held hostage. Think I might stick on a Wallander DVD.
I haven't been able to get into Spiral this series. I remember hostages, and yes, the American series was based on the Israeli one. I suspect the Israeli version will be better, I might give it a whirl

Reactions: 3 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just found this interesting thread. As I live in France, I can't get catch-up TV, so have to know what might be good in advance to set up to record it from satellite. So I really appreciate any tips!

Read Wolf Hall and it took me a while, but I do think she's a brilliant writer and so much cleverer than me! So have recorded the TV programmes and am looking forward to them.

Anyone a radio fan? Her short stories (assassination of Margaret Thatcher, etc) were recently serialised on Radio 4 and can be accessed via radio I-player( which I can get). I just love stories being read to me - a real comfort thing for me.

Also excellent at present is BBC 4 Saturday night's Spiral. I've seen the first 3 series (Engrenages from French TV) but have missed Series 4. The current one is series 5. Violent but realistic and informative particularly about French justice system.

Whilst we're sharing this sort of thing, I have followed some of the MOOC courses - great quality on huge variety of subjects. I've followed some on forensic science and police methodology that we see so often on TV. I really recommend having a look at what's available. www.FutureLearn.com

Happy viewing/listening,
Jane.

I've just started an evening class on forensics, it's a short one just six weeks, though it might be even shorter as they haven't got the expected numbers for the class so it might not run :-(

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's it Guy. The new one has come down quite a bit as I always wait until the hype has died off I've got a feeling it was about £3

Lamentation is £1.99 on Kindle at the moment. I've just finished it. It was such a great read and it looks like Matthew Shardlake s all set to go on through Edward VI's reign and maybe right into Elizabeth's. I just can't get enough of good Tudor reads. Any suggestions welcome.

K

Kat100

Any thoughts on a casual vacancy last night episode one ....
A lot going on and a little slow I thought ....

But will watch it all .....

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Any thoughts on a casual vacancy last night episode one ....
A lot going on and a little slow I thought ....

But will watch it all .....
Yes, I thought it was incredibly slow but also the charcters were such stereotypes and totally unlikeable.

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Watched Indian Summers last night .
10week part series of this .

Julie walters was fabulous in it .
Looks good - story and plot
coming well together already .
I enjoyed it :)

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Indian summer , yes will be watching it all
Recorded first one ,,but I know it will be good...going to watch it later...

One more wolf hall to watch ...

K

Kat100

Watched Indian Summers last night .
10week part series of this .

Julie walters was fabulous in it .
Looks good - story and plot
coming well together already .
I enjoyed it :)
Love Julie Walters ..going to watch it later this evening ....

K

Kat100

Well I made a chicken in red wine Thursday, and it's a bit of a nuisance but I've now got to finish off 3/4 of the bottle so it's a one person party.:)
You enjoy it chris , cheers ....x
I will pop round in a few mins ....:)

Tell the chat group you will get more bottles x

Jane will drink it all though :eek: