Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
35A1CCEA-50EA-4B48-99EE-E7948B8EFEAC.jpeg

M

Member496333

Again we need a eye roll icon.

To industry’s credit, they’re really going all-in now on the anti-lowcarb rhetoric. The number of these types of misinformation and plain misdirection articles is increasing weekly. Profits must be taking a real hit.

Reactions: Roulis

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :mad:

M

Member496333

The first paragraph has only just sunk in. Eating carbohydrate reverses diabetes :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Please buy grains and Metformin. Pretty please? Jokers.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But its Dr Barnard one of the Chiefs of the Vegan tribe so it must be true...

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In a dystopian universe where Dr Neal Barnard Practices his medicine, they uphold the opposite of the Hippocratic oath.
Everything is upside down -
right is wrong and wrong is right-
In this Universe of his, the advice is as follows for Type 2 diabetics:-
"FAVOUR COMPLEX CARBS..FOODS LIKE BEANS, SWEET POTATOES AND OATMEAL RELEASE GLUCOSE SLOWLY, SO INSULIN CAN EASILY DELIVER THE SUGAR TO CELLS....LIMIT OILS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS, WHICH BLOCK INSULIN FROM DIVERTING GLUCOSE INTO YOUR CELLS. THESE STRATEGIES LOWER BLOOD SUGAR THREE TIMES MORE THAN DIETS THAT CUT CARBS AND CALORIES"

Please also note that in this universe of his, they have no need for limbs, digits,eyes, kidneys, and most importantly they do not have a beating heart.

However I am glad to announce that many of the adherents of his strategy as mentioned above are in a far away Necropolis, pushing daisies

And of course there's the patient ones, waiting their turn, in various stages of death by instalment.

I choose not to be the blind amputee in the dialysis ward.

And on that note I say to him....Not on your life...:stop::stop:

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And finally...I've been waiting for a cure for such a long time
:***:

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
"FAVOUR COMPLEX CARBS..FOODS LIKE BEANS, SWEET POTATOES AND OATMEAL RELEASE GLUCOSE SLOWLY, SO INSULIN CAN EASILY DELIVER THE SUGAR TO CELLS....LIMIT OILS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS, WHICH BLOCK INSULIN FROM DIVERTING GLUCOSE INTO YOUR CELLS. THESE STRATEGIES LOWER BLOOD SUGAR THREE TIMES MORE THAN DIETS THAT CUT CARBS AND CALORIES"

Yep, exactly what the doctor told my pre-diabetic brother and to be fair to my brother, he got with the program and took the advise very seriously, even though I suggested lower carbs is the way to go, rather than lower G.I. He is of course now on medication for type II, there's a surprise! Well, not really.
I'm glad I decided not to be a victim and "disobeyed" my previous GP's advice. My present GP is OK with my approach, she has to be because she sees the results, but it's only my DN who will actually suggest lower carbs to all patients.

M

Member496333

Yep, exactly what the doctor told my pre-diabetic brother and to be fair to my brother, he got with the program and took the advise very seriously, even though I suggested lower carbs is the way to go, rather than lower G.I. He is of course now on medication for type II, there's a surprise! Well, not really.
I'm glad I decided not to be a victim and "disobeyed" my previous GP's advice. My present GP is OK with my approach, she has to be because she sees the results, but it's only my DN who will actually suggest lower carbs to all patients.

Very sad but only too common. I concluded a long time ago that it’s safer to asume no one cares about my health except me. Everyone without diabetes is just a missed opportunity for agriculture and pharmaceutical bottom lines.

Cold truth.