Wonderful start to the new year

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m feeling celebratory this morning as I’ve just got on the scales to see 9 stones and 13 pounds - a 2 and a half stone loss since September 2017 so many life changing events since I started lCHF and then later added in intermittent fasting. I haven’t been in the 9 stones since my 20s!
More importantly my hbac1 - in mid December was 33 despite coming off Metformin two months previously ( it was 97 on diagnosis a few years back)
My fasting blood sugars are regularly 4.5 to 5.2 at the moment
I also may be able to give up the blood pressure meds - the only meds I’m still taking- it was creeping up last summer to 150/80 and is now around 120/74 and sometimes lower.
This forum - which I discovered whilst on my lCHF journey on the low carb programme has been an invaluable source of support, information, inspiration, humour and motivation - thank you guys. I really couldn’t have done it without you - all those queries answered and all those links to talks and videos helping to educate me. I sometimes think I’ve taken a high level course in managing diabetes type 2 - I’ve learnt so much along the way , although I know there’s more to learn as there is more research ahead and hopefully the tide is on the turn for current advice?
I’d like to lose another half stone so that I’m safely in the middle of my healthy weight category and so will continue with my lCHF but it’s a way of life not a diet so I’m sure weight loss will happen until my body is at the point that’s best for it and I know that I can’t go back to the carbs way of eating that got me into the unhealthy mess I was in the first place.

Reactions: Jemz

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, Shelley! Indeed it is a smashing start to 2018. You certainly have turned Diabetes on its head, keep up the great work.

Reactions: shelley262

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a superstar you are.. very well done indeed those are pretty amazing results.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, Shelley! Indeed it is a smashing start to 2018. You certainly have turned Diabetes on its head, keep up the great work.
Thank you most amazing thing is that I enjoy the new way of eating much more than my old high carb low fat ways that got me in the mess in the first place! I do miss the naughty comfort carbs but just not enough to trade my health for

Reactions: Guzzler

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a superstar you are.. very well done indeed those are pretty amazing results.
Thank you - guys like you are a real inspiration to the rest of us - discovering intermittent fasting and the great dr Jason was down mainly to your postings

Reactions: bulkbiker

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done indeed from a fellow student in A level Diabetes Management! Let’s go for the degree now! :)

Reactions: shelley262

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed from a fellow student in A level Diabetes Management! Let’s go for the degree now! :)
Totally agree there’s enough info out there and you are def an A* student with your results well done you and thank you for all your support and encouragement

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Totally agree there’s enough info out there and you are def an A* student with your results well done you and thank you for all your support and encouragement
First A* I’ve ever scored! You’re defo an A* Student too! Hopefully we’ll get a 1st at degree level then!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic results Shelley. love reading success stories they keep me on track
Me too I’ve read them all hence why I’ve put my own up there hopefully as a motivator for others on a different stage of this way of eating. Thank you

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.
And thanks for the motivation.... I am at the start of my bumpy journey

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.
And thanks for the motivation.... I am at the start of my bumpy journey
Thank you remember the journey won’t be in a straight line. Personally I had been doing the other way of eating for 60 years and you tend to behave in the old ways when you hit a problem. I’m a carer of an adult autistic son and have had reactive depression over many difficult years and carbs to me meant comfort. But you can change it provided that you stay kind to yourself and allow yourself to put any trips or falls behind you -
good luck

Reactions: Jemz

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Shelley.
Carbs for comfort. I know that one all too well !!!
I am low carb, one day at a time.
Blood sugar looking good and 5 lbs down.
Sticking with it long term is my challenge

Reactions: Rachox