Woo blooming hoo!

Sezzle

Back in October I was having some health issues which lead to blood tests... one of those dreaded calls from the dr saying I needed to get to surgery for immediate medication and a succession of apts with diabetic nurse, eye and feet checks etc. My bloods were 97. I was sent into free fall, I’m 52, overweight with 2 young teenagers and with the threat of covid I was very very frightened.
This forum has helped me in my most anxious early days, guiding me on low carbs and support with metformin side effects!!
eventually I built up to 2000g of metformin and less than 40g of carbs per day. It’s not been easy but I’ve stuck at it.
My 6 month bloods came back on Friday, I’m now 35 and have lost almost 6 stone! The weight loss has been purely by focusing on carbs and not calories and although I still have more to loose I know I will get there.
Dr reduced metformin bu 50% just 500g am and pm. More bloods in 3 mths and hopefully will see maintenance at 35 ish!
So just a massive relief and continued motivation to get fit and enjoy life to the full!!
Thank you all of you on here that have helped as over read stories, threads and advice which has spurred me on.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news.. once again we see the power of taking charge of your own health.
Well done you!

Reactions: Lainie71

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results, @Sezzle. You've worked hard to achieve this, so really well deserved. Congrats.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations.

Brilliant result
Hard work but so worth it

:happy:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Fantastic results

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sezzle You've done amazingly well. The weight loss and the reduction in your numbers is just great.
You're in the Good loop, success is self supporting.
Carry on young lady!

An edit......

Last edited:
Reactions: zand

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Sezzle You've done amazingly well. The weight loss and the reduction in your numbers is just great.
You're in the Good loop, success is self supporting.
Carry on young man!

She's a lady but the sentiment still stands! x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

CotswoldsBloke

Type of diabetes