Woohoo

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all and incase u hadnt realised from the title im abit excited :lol:

so we have been on the insulin pump fora month and a half and altho dylan has been much more stable we just havent had that eureka moment when everything has fallen into place, that is until yesterday :D

let me just give u his readings only one not good result amongst them

7am- 7.1
12pm- 6.3
3pm- 7.6
5pm- 8.2
7pm- 15.3
9pm- 5.0
11pm- 7.5

now i realise they could still be a little lower but this is the best day we have ever had and the 15.3 i can explain by we had just finished dinner and the ice cream man came round for the first time this year so i allowed him and ice cream but as he had just finished eating sweet and sour chicken with rice and prawn crackers i felt by testing it wouldnt help so we gave no insulin until 7 when we tested and did a correction.

i am absolutly delighted with those results i have to say and just wanted to share with people who would understand my happiness :D

anna marie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Well done Anna Marie and Dylan. You both have every right to feel good........ :wink:

Glad to see that things are getting better for your young man. :D

Attachments

• woohoo.gif
    woohoo.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 874

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanku, knew someone would share my excitement :lol:

we are both very pleased its all finally coming together

anna marie

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
And his waking result this morning was 5.6 so the start of another fab day of results i hope :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fantastic day Anna Marie, I can understand so well why you're excited about that. May Dylan have many more good days :D

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i hope so too sophia, we have loved the pump up to this point in the fact we havent been in the 20s like dylan used to get on MDI we have had fab numbers in amongst some low teens and high 3s so not awful but not quite right either.

anna marie

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations Anna Marie and long may Dylans control continue
clap.gif

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
ams162 said:
hi all and incase u hadnt realised from the title im abit excited :lol:

so we have been on the insulin pump fora month and a half and altho dylan has been much more stable we just havent had that eureka moment when everything has fallen into place, that is until yesterday :D

let me just give u his readings only one not good result amongst them

7am- 7.1
12pm- 6.3
3pm- 7.6
5pm- 8.2
7pm- 15.3
9pm- 5.0
11pm- 7.5

now i realise they could still be a little lower but this is the best day we have ever had and the 15.3 i can explain by we had just finished dinner and the ice cream man came round for the first time this year so i allowed him and ice cream but as he had just finished eating sweet and sour chicken with rice and prawn crackers i felt by testing it wouldnt help so we gave no insulin until 7 when we tested and did a correction.

i am absolutly delighted with those results i have to say and just wanted to share with people who would understand my happiness :D

anna marie

Excellent!

It is nice to see everything come together after so much hard work!

Just imagine what they'll be like in a couple more months time :)

Just in time for summer too, ice cream treats!

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lol thanks for that ebony,im happy with the here and now and what we have achieved which im sure never would of happened on MDI. dylan has another child at his school whose type 1 and i watch what his results are at lunch everyday and reminds me so much of dylans results before the pump, and i breathe a sigh of relief we are no longer there i can stop worrying about the future problems that might be building up we are doing everything we possibly can now.

im so glad we fought that year to get the pump its all been so worth every tear ive shed in the last 4 years to see my little boy happy and healthy :D

anna marie

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
ams162 said:
lol thanks for that ebony,im happy with the here and now and what we have achieved which im sure never would of happened on MDI. dylan has another child at his school whose type 1 and i watch what his results are at lunch everyday and reminds me so much of dylans results before the pump, and i breathe a sigh of relief we are no longer there i can stop worrying about the future problems that might be building up we are doing everything we possibly can now.

im so glad we fought that year to get the pump its all been so worth every tear ive shed in the last 4 years to see my little boy happy and healthy :D

anna marie

Your very welcome, like many parents here you try so hard so it's nice to see it's all working out.

I've only had diabetes for two years so i never experienced it as a child or teenager but i can imagine it must be very difficult to control and hard to see your child go through it all.

I've only had a pump for a few weeks and can already see results in my control too and i generally feel better and more energetic so no doubt Dylan feels the same:).

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Well Done Anna Marie.

I get excited about James's good days too, but I wish there were more.

Onwards and Upwards and long may they continue. Woohoo :D

sugar2

Well done Anne marie, fabulous results! We all have "ice cream" moments..but next time that ding dong dong dongggggg sound appears outside your house, you know what you need to do pump wise.

Well done

iHs

Hi Anne Marie

The bg levels are all extremely very good. They are all going in a straight line more or less. Only one is a tiny bit raised but you'll be able to sort it out I'm sure. There is no need to improve on any of the other readings unless a consultant or dsn advises you to.

Well done :)

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks all for the replies we are extremely pleased with them, another good day today so far but not perfect all under 10 tho no double figures at all so far but some 8s and 9s in there think its because he wanted a snack today at play and altho we acounted it for it (was only some nuts and seeds ) made him slightly higher at lunch but still pleased with the numbers never had 2 such good days funny how some numbers can make u smile :D

anna marie

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well done Anna Marie, best thing is that I saw, was that you are not finding it necessary to test during the night!!!!! Didn't take long did it....well done.

Fantastic results for Dylan, you should both be very proud of yourselves. Isn't it just lovely when you get the better numbers......especially when you can establish the reasons for any specific high, rather than just having high/low swings on the MDI.....

Well done to both of you....best wishes Shax

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
no it didnt take long sharon lol we def wouldnt be without the pump, thanx zac and emma :D