1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wrong grub on holiday

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Mothman, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Mothman

Mothman · Well-Known Member

Hi all, been away from the forum for a while, been busy with mum etc and pleased to say that i am still controlling my T2 diabetes with diet.
    However, i am going away for 10 days next week to Cornwall and i have decided to relax the diet a bit. I have been everso strict with myself these last 6 months, not eating anything i shouldnt, low carb etc and i wonder how much damage i will do to myself if i totally let go for 10 days?
    I have decided that i am going to eat the pasties, fish n chips and pork pies as i am begining to get very tired of eating the same ole sameole every day. Fed up to my teeth with salads etc.
    I am aware it wont do me good but if i dont get stuck into some 'real' food i may just give up and go on meds. Been on the low carb diet now for nearly 2 years, had the odd treat of course but nothing major and still havnt had a cake, biscuit, choccie bar or sweet in all of that time.
    Would it be ok for me to binge on proper food for a short while :oops: .

Andy

2. bigdunk

bigdunk · Newbie

just stick with it mate :mrgreen: it'll be better in the long run

3. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

The odd treat won't hurt. By the sounds of it though, you want more lol ! Don't go mad. You'll waste all the great work you've done up to now otherwise. Fish and chips are OK occasionally, be careful with the pasties though but 1 won't kill you. Just don't get into bad habits. Enjoy your hold, have a few treats but get back on track when you get home !

4. charon

charon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue with a friend visiting this weekend.
    I'm planning to relax a bit but test every morning, evening and before and after every meal. Then decide what to do on the results.

If I were you I would do something similar and if the readings go high maybe to work on alternate days so the readings have a chance to come down. You might enjoy the treats more if it's not every day.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook