Wrong grub on holiday

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
Hi all, been away from the forum for a while, been busy with mum etc and pleased to say that i am still controlling my T2 diabetes with diet.
However, i am going away for 10 days next week to Cornwall and i have decided to relax the diet a bit. I have been everso strict with myself these last 6 months, not eating anything i shouldnt, low carb etc and i wonder how much damage i will do to myself if i totally let go for 10 days?
I have decided that i am going to eat the pasties, fish n chips and pork pies as i am begining to get very tired of eating the same ole sameole every day. Fed up to my teeth with salads etc.
I am aware it wont do me good but if i dont get stuck into some 'real' food i may just give up and go on meds. Been on the low carb diet now for nearly 2 years, had the odd treat of course but nothing major and still havnt had a cake, biscuit, choccie bar or sweet in all of that time.
Would it be ok for me to binge on proper food for a short while :oops: .

Andy

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The odd treat won't hurt. By the sounds of it though, you want more lol ! Don't go mad. You'll waste all the great work you've done up to now otherwise. Fish and chips are OK occasionally, be careful with the pasties though but 1 won't kill you. Just don't get into bad habits. Enjoy your hold, have a few treats but get back on track when you get home !

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a similar issue with a friend visiting this weekend.
I'm planning to relax a bit but test every morning, evening and before and after every meal. Then decide what to do on the results.

If I were you I would do something similar and if the readings go high maybe to work on alternate days so the readings have a chance to come down. You might enjoy the treats more if it's not every day.