wrong treatment

garychoo

my wife was told she was type1 in january and went into comas 3 times between january and march then recived a letter from hospital on march 5th saying to stop takeing insulin she died on 2nd april
my question is once on insulin do you come off it and if taken insulin but did not need it could this have killed my wife .

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Gary,

That is terrible, I'm very sorry for your loss.

It'll be difficult for anyone to give you advice without knowing all of the details. But it does sound unusual that medical advice of that magnitude would come in a letter and not through a direct consultation. Do you still have the letter?

RussG

Gary,

What an awful story. I too am very sorry for your loss.

I think you need to seek some professional advice on this matter as nobody here is qualified to make a judgement on what's happened. I'm afraid all we can really give you here is sympathy. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

wsmum

So sorry to read this very sad post. It's dreadful that you've been left with these doubts and questions. You need some answers from your wife's medical team. If you don't get answers, you can ask the hospital patient liason service to help you. Sympathies to you.

WhitbyJet

Garychoo - terribly sorry to hear of your sad loss. I hope that you will get answers from your wife's medical team, you need to know whats been going on there.

Thinking of you

SugarPlums

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dreadful story, sorry for your loss, seems some serious questions need to be asked at a legal level.