Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Stay far away from laser. I know one of the best eye doctors in the US and he's dead set against them

Any specific reason why Mike - always good to balance a statement like this with facts ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds more like prismatic rather than astigmatic lenses.
Oh - I need prism as well.
Dratted Specsavers called my optician to check the angle and then gave me glasses without any - I am back with the previous optician, Specsavers were not cheap enough to be risking killing someone.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any specific reason why Mike - always good to balance a statement like this with facts ?
A study of one, my best friend has had problems for years after surgery. Bright lights now dazzle horribly and there’s not a lot that can currently be done to solve the problem. Time has helped a little but.....

Viv19

That's one good thing about aging, isn't it? :) Re the glasses vs. risk of blindness, I do think you got your priorities right.

I was lucky that my good thing about aging is that I developed cataracts which I’ve had removed. I do need reading glasses though my arms seem to be long enough if the print is not too tiny. But I’ve bought cheap reading glasses and have them all over the place. I always had the feeling of looking through a window with my specs, so really enjoy being without them.