Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Results from yearly diabetes check this morning

Blood pressure down to 120/80
(November was 136/86 then February 130/80)

Hba1c 37 and was 37 on last Hba1c .... Secret low carb higher fat diet

Down to 1 metformin tablet from 2 a day. Just as we were going l asked if l could drop one was told sure whichever one you want, so decided to drop morning have evening as that's main meal.

Told the way l am going l do not need to worry about diabetic complications, if bloods every day is to much l don't have to do it...replied how will l know if my bloods are a problem then? Then told if they go suddenly high for no reason for a few days then see DN.

Not totally trouble free liver has couple dodgy parameters and VitD is toxic level (that was stopped several weeks ago) spoke to vet she wasn't concerned as not very high and as Vit D is sky high that could be involved. I see Dr over liver and my wanting Vit B12 check next week.

Cholesterol is a problem that's gone up but in last 3 weeks l have done another big change am drinking lots more water, l only have coffee first thing in the morning and when l get home and often don't finish it and instead of 1 big pot single cream/2 days they are lasting around a week. I go back in several months after our holiday to see how that's going and will decide regards statins from then...l really really don't want them and if did go on them it would be very short term. l will see about revising the diet to less fat without rocking the glucose boat l have a lot of wriggle room l think.

Reactions: 6 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Yup very but hacked off re cholesterol... more hard work to sort that :(

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Dates ..... LDL ..... HDL ..... TRIG..... Total

6/11/13 ..... 2.3..... 1.36..... None......... 5.6

10/02/14 ..... 4.6..... 1.78..... 0.95......... 6.8

10/06/14 ..... 4.5..... 1.87..... 1.4......... 7

Any helpful suggestions welcome

(... are to try keep the thing apart table is closing up none means none given l keep forgetting to ask)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Down to one tablet to take it with evening meal....so l duly take it with breakfast, forgot it was only meant to be one tonight :banghead:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well done MID on maintaining a great hba1c. You have my dream bp! That's my target :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know but if it was me I'd do a hard core measure and see if you could/need to swap out some animal fat with olive and coconut oil and make sure you aren't exceeding your total calorie intake