Yippeee-aye-ay.....

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am beyond delighted!

On Dec 4th last year, my first (diagnostic) HbA1c was 87 mmol/mol. I have just got my results as of 7th March and it has reduced to 35 mmol/mol.

Normal! I can’t quite believe it, I was expecting it to be good but not quite that good.

I have also lost over 16kg and am just over halfway to my target weight, and goal of starting horse-riding again.

Reactions: CotswoldsBloke

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am beyond delighted!

On Dec 4th last year, my first (diagnostic) HbA1c was 87 mmol/mol. I have just got my results as of 7th March and it has reduced to 35 mmol/mol.

Normal! I can’t quite believe it, I was expecting it to be good but not quite that good.

I have also lost over 16kg and am just over halfway to my target weight, and goal of starting horse-riding again.
Congratulations! :) Well done!

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.

I somehow lost part of the post, I wanted to say that this forum has been so helpful because I knew from day 1, from the multitude of successes here, that I could greatly improve my BG. For me, this has involved a lazy keto approach, attempting to avoid all carbs apart from those in above ground veg, but not counting macros or anything too much like hard work. Also added in some intermittent fasting in the shape of OMAD a couple of times a week.

I can’t wait to see the nurse next week, I shall be telling her that I intend to halve my metformin dose and see how it goes, with the intention of ditching it altogether in another 3 months.

Eventually, I have hopes that I will be able to declare myself ‘in remission’ too, providing I continue to avoid those carbs!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work, and welcome to the 30s club! ;)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Great result and I applaud your intention to reduce your dose of Metformin.

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update: I had a 30 second conversation with the DN today because she called before her allocated spot, while I was on a work conference call. So I told her that my bloods were good and I intended to halve my metformin dose. ‘Just what I was going to suggest’, she said. And that was that.

So, while I feel miffed that I didn’t get to gloat at length about my BG and weight loss achievements and be insufferably smug, I am happy that I can go ahead with the reduction in drugs. I mean, I would have done anyway but I suppose it’s good to play nice where possible. :cat:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Update: I had a 30 second conversation with the DN today because she called before her allocated spot, while I was on a work conference call. So I told her that my bloods were good and I intended to halve my metformin dose. ‘Just what I was going to suggest’, she said. And that was that.

So, while I feel miffed that I didn’t get to gloat at length about my BG and weight loss achievements and be insufferably smug, I am happy that I can go ahead with the reduction in drugs. I mean, I would have done anyway but I suppose it’s good to play nice where possible. :cat:
Yes, but it would have been good to feel justifiably smug! Well done.