Yogurt

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What does the label say?
Could you add your own coconut flakes to plain yoghurt to give you the taste?
Yoghurt is one of those weird things where the carb content changes dramatically between brands so you really do need to check the labels carefully.

D

Deleted Account

It depends on what impact it has on your BG. Everyone is different so it is difficult to know without trying it.
Have some coconut flavoured Greek style yoghurt one morning and checking your BG to see what happens. If your BG does not rise too much, continue to eat it. If your BG rises a lot, save it for special occasions.

Reactions: lindiloo62
B

badcat

I prefer yogurt for breakfast. My question is can I eat coconut flavoured Greek style or must it be plain???

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Had a look at the difference between the Rachels natural and coconut greek yogurt 5g carbs vs 11g carbs
A Natural greek yogurt ( like Fage Total) mixed with some thick coconut milk ( like Graces preminm Thai coconut milk) give a good low carb coconut yogurt

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree you need to compare the carb contents to see which fits better in your low carb plan, then test a few times and see what happens. As said earlier, you can add anything to a yogurt to make it more tasty. I have Fage Greek Total and add 2 chopped up strawberries or 3 or 4 raspberries. (I don't like coconut!)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the Lidl Greek style yoghurt which is 3.2 percent carbs and add dessicated coconut to it, leave to soften up and develop the flavours whilst making the coffee, and it does very well.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I found a greek yoghurt in our local Quality Save at 4% (which is actually made in Greece). Added a bit of cocoa powder and stevia sweetner to it - yum!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I started having plain yoghurt with options hot chocolate powder mixed in, I could only tolerate that for a few weeks then it started to make me feel sick so im back to cereals now!