Yogurt

Sugarlisa

Is it only plain yogurt u can have or can u have vanilla but not flavoured ones and which brand do u recommend?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look at the labelling on the back of the pack and go for as low carb as possible.. I think the lowest are about 4g of carbs per 100g.
Usually unflavoured greek style yoghurt (full fat versions).

Reactions: Sugarlisa

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Is it only plain yogurt u can have or can u have vanilla but not flavoured ones and which brand do u recommend?
I have fage 0% fat Greek yogurt, I put raspberries and shavings of dark chocolate in.

Sugarlisa

Look at the labelling on the back of the pack and go for as low carb as possible.. I think the lowest are about 4g of carbs per 100g.
Usually unflavoured greek style yoghurt (full fat versions).

Ok I’ve in my fridge end of fat free unflavoured Greek style yogurt

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a fan of Fage 0% fat greek yoghurt too it is only 3g of carbs per 100g. I usually add some mixed seeds, cinammon & raspberries too or/and other berries

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lisa - another one 1 like is skyr just the plain one not flavoured - a couple for you to try and see what you like

GMcC1971

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Newly diagnosed (Last Week) - Are the Muller Light Ranges OK or should I avoid?

GMcC1971

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. I've got a video call with the Dietitian on Thursday. I'll hopefully be a bit wiser after.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you get a full fat Greek style yoghurt you can whip it into sugar free jelly (make with less water to compensate or add plain gelatine) when it is just slightly tepid, leave it to set and get a nice frothy creamy dessert, you can flavour it using baking powders and extracts, or some berry pulp swirled in. You can eat the whole bowlful with very few carbs, even if you add some real custard into the act - because it was there in the fridge.

Reactions: mymuk and Sugarlisa

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I've got a video call with the Dietitian on Thursday. I'll hopefully be a bit wiser after.

Depends on which school of thought they follow.. if it's the usual "Eatwell Guide" it'll be as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Ask them about carbohydrate restriction as a therapy and see what the reply is then go from there.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Newly diagnosed (Last Week) - Are the Muller Light Ranges OK or should I avoid?
I normally have Fage 5% Greek Yogurt for breakfast with berries and flax seed but for speed I sometimes have the Muller Light Greek ones. However I do tend to eat more carbs than many on here so it it will depend on what you decide your daily carb allowance will be as to whether or not you decide to avoid them. If you have a meter you can test them to see what affect they have on your BS.

JFWinstone

On the subject of yogurt any suggestions for a low carb dairy free or lactose free yogurt? Asda do a Greek yogurt lactose free 2% Fat which is 4.9g carbs per 100g which i bought today.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Based on a lot of feedback on the forum you could end-up less wise and eating the wrong food. If the dietician talks about Calories and Low Fat then run.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Full fat, plain greek... the real stuff.