Yogurts

karengoringe

Can anyone give me some advice on what yogurts i can have. I have just bough a mullerlight low fat yogurt, are these ok to eat :?: .

I had my appointment last night with the DN, she wouldnt give me any strips or the monitor, she said that she didnt want me to get self reliant on the testing :? . She wants me to try by diet only. My argument is how am i supposed to know what i can and cant eat :?: . I have an appointment for 4 weeks time and if my levels have not dropped then i will be asking for a monitor and strips.

Is it normal to feel a bit woozy all day while my body gets used to the metformin. I am on 2 x day 500mg and have only been taking it for 3 days now. My hba1c is 8.1 and my bg was 14.8. dont know what it is now though :? .

Thanks Karen

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
karengoringe said:
Can anyone give me some advice on what yogurts i can have. I have just bough a mullerlight low fat yogurt, are these ok to eat :?: .

I had my appointment last night with the DN, she wouldnt give me any strips or the monitor, she said that she didnt want me to get self reliant on the testing :? . She wants me to try by diet only. My argument is how am i supposed to know what i can and cant eat :?: . I have an appointment for 4 weeks time and if my levels have not dropped then i will be asking for a monitor and strips.

Is it normal to feel a bit woozy all day while my body gets used to the metformin. I am on 2 x day 500mg and have only been taking it for 3 days now. My hba1c is 8.1 and my bg was 14.8. dont know what it is now though :? .

Thanks Karen

Dunno what happened to my reply above .. I was just about to start typing and off the page went off as posted!

Yes, when I first started on metformin I felt kinda odd for about a week to 10days, but then most of the 'oddness' gradually went away. I still suffered with gut problems and only got them under control when I was changed to the slow release form of the pill... I now take 4 x 500mg SR
As for "no testing" you are right .. without home testing you will not be able to work out what foods affect you as an individual.
With yogurts I found the low fat (and worse the ultra low fat) versions would affect my BG more that the full fat versions. Personally, I do not go much for the flavoured ones and much prefer the set whole milk stuff that tastes creamy and filling so that is the shelf I head for.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You need to check out the nutrition panel on any yogurt. Low fat ones are often high in sugars. I personally love the Greek unflavoured yogurt sold at Lidl. but the ccommonly available Greek yogurts are pretty good. Creamier than low fat ones.
Hana