1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yokebe - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by MrsMoose, May 9, 2016.

1. MrsMoose

MrsMoose Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I saw an advert on TV last night. It seems the same sort of principle as slimfast from what I could tell??
    I'm curious. I have done slimfast short-term in the past i.e. for a couple of weeks to kick-start my metabolism but never tried since diagnosis.
    Can diabetics do this sort of diet or is it a no-no?
    over to you guys... :D

2. mfactor

mfactor Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would say not looking at the ingredients..... pricey as well

soy protein isolate (30%), Whey protein concentrate (21,6%), honey (15,3%), Skimmed Milk Powder, maltodextrin, Milk protein concentrate (5%), Release Agent (silica), vegetable oil, ferric pyrophosphate, vitamin C, Zinc gluconate, niacin, vitamin e, Vitamin A acetate, Vitamin B6 hydrochloride, copper gluconate, Calcium D-pantothenate, manganese gluconate, vitamin D3, Vitamin B1 mononitrate, riboflavin, D-biotin, folic acid, sodium selenite, potassium iodide, vitamin B12

Make yourself some Kefir at home instead, full of good stuff and free :)

3. amcn

amcn Type 2 · Newbie

I'm using it for last couple of days.The pharmacist said I was safe to use and so far I'm doing fine.The only difference between this and slim fast is that for 1st week to kick-start diet you take 3 shakes a day instead of 2 and a dinner.You can eat fruit,veg and soup in between.Have done 3 full days of 3 shakes and not feeling hungry.Hope this is helpful

4. Serena51

Serena51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Did it raise your bg? The advert said it contained honey .

5. amcn

amcn Type 2 · Newbie

I took a shake and tested blood sugar after and it was ok.Today I checked it and was up a little bit.Today I went to Boots and bought their own brand shakes .Same idea but yokebe have sugar in them,the boots brand called slender have no sugar and are a lot cheaper.€7.99 for 10 shakes

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. magsiesss

magsiesss Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have also bought the Boots own brand and even the Superdrug brand too - I have started replacing my lunch with this - I don't feel overly peckish during the afternoon ... so fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook