Yokebe - anyone tried it?

MrsMoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw an advert on TV last night. It seems the same sort of principle as slimfast from what I could tell??
I'm curious. I have done slimfast short-term in the past i.e. for a couple of weeks to kick-start my metabolism but never tried since diagnosis.
Can diabetics do this sort of diet or is it a no-no?
over to you guys... :D

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would say not looking at the ingredients..... pricey as well

soy protein isolate (30%), Whey protein concentrate (21,6%), honey (15,3%), Skimmed Milk Powder, maltodextrin, Milk protein concentrate (5%), Release Agent (silica), vegetable oil, ferric pyrophosphate, vitamin C, Zinc gluconate, niacin, vitamin e, Vitamin A acetate, Vitamin B6 hydrochloride, copper gluconate, Calcium D-pantothenate, manganese gluconate, vitamin D3, Vitamin B1 mononitrate, riboflavin, D-biotin, folic acid, sodium selenite, potassium iodide, vitamin B12

Make yourself some Kefir at home instead, full of good stuff and free :)

amcn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm using it for last couple of days.The pharmacist said I was safe to use and so far I'm doing fine.The only difference between this and slim fast is that for 1st week to kick-start diet you take 3 shakes a day instead of 2 and a dinner.You can eat fruit,veg and soup in between.Have done 3 full days of 3 shakes and not feeling hungry.Hope this is helpful

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Did it raise your bg? The advert said it contained honey .

amcn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took a shake and tested blood sugar after and it was ok.Today I checked it and was up a little bit.Today I went to Boots and bought their own brand shakes .Same idea but yokebe have sugar in them,the boots brand called slender have no sugar and are a lot cheaper.€7.99 for 10 shakes

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I have also bought the Boots own brand and even the Superdrug brand too - I have started replacing my lunch with this - I don't feel overly peckish during the afternoon ... so fingers crossed

Reactions: justshirts