1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Your favorite computer OS?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by manuokcz, May 26, 2018.

1. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

I had a little difficulty with putting CDs on my wife's mp3 player until I downloaded ripperx.
    D.

2. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not had problems like that Linds I'm referring to music making programs where I can plug a synth in use loops generate loops etc. I did discover LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) which is good and I do use that on Windows as it will operate on anything.

3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

4. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh yeah got that too on Windows.
    Think I had the very first version.
    It's certainly a good editor but not much more.

5. butane

butane · Member

Personal favorite macOS but can't live without Windows because of work

6. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Wine on linux, please?
    I will have to read round the subject because it does not look straightforward.
    I have had a paid for copy of OS Memory Map for windows for some years and would like to get it working.
    regards
    D.

7. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I like Macs but I don't like that they are overpriced. Like Ralph Lauren they charge for the name. I love my Chromebook. A fraction of the price of a Mac and, like a Mac, practically immune to viruses. And it synced itself to my Android phone and tablet.

8. 1spuds

1spuds Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ubuntu and Lubuntu (Light version on many and families machines).Desktop has win7 as my photoshop program only uses windows and its so simple I dont want to change it.

9. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I am thinking of buying a new computer, and I have nearly settled on a Chromebook as it is in my price range.

I have something to look forwards to now with the Chrome OS, which should will **** all over win 10 and it's vagaries.

10. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I am very happy with my new Acer Chromebook, which is running the Chrome OS 74.0.3729.159 (Official Build) (64-bit). One I logged into my Google account, it updated all of the native apps and imported all of my settings , bookmarks etc. It then offered to upgrade to the latest version of the Chrome OS, this took all of ten minutes to download and install, no bloated Win updates.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/model/NX.GP0SA.001

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Major Buckmaster

Major Buckmaster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Macs are worth every penny. Never ever had anything go wrong with any of mine. And you get what you pay for.

#31 Major Buckmaster, May 27, 2019 at 1:00 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
  12. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

My Samsung J5 Pro smart phone updated to Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system yesterday.

Fifteen minutes from woah to goah, downloading 1.2 gig and installing in that time all ready to go.

No wonder I detest Microsoft Win 10.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook