1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. debrasue

debrasue Type 2 · Expert

That's a brilliant FBG reading, Johnny - well done!
    That's a great idea about the kebab as a treat, too. In fact, you could even substitute a slice of your Burgen soya & linseed loaf (11.8g of carbs) for the pitta bread (31.7g of carbs).
    I can also recommend celeriac (2.2g of carbs per 100g) as an alternative to potato (22.6g of carbs per 100g), if you're shopping today. Treat it just as you would a potato, although it's quite dense and will give you a good workout to peel it and cut it up! It makes pretty good mash (with a bit of parmesan cheese mixed in) and very tasty chips, too. I have some other recipes for celeriac if you're interested, as well as one for some gorgeous Fake Garlic Mash made with cauliflower instead of potatoes (although it's quite hard to tell it's cauliflower).
    Hugs xx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. JohnnyBaker12021970

JohnnyBaker12021970 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning, my friends,

I just awoke and had my breakfast of blueberries and blackberries with Greek-style yoghurt which was delicious. My blood glucose reading after it, but not the full 2 hours, was 7.6. I administered all my morning medication and enjoyed 2 mugs of black coffee, each with 1 teaspoonful of sucralose granulated sweetener. Yesterday I ate 2 tomato sandwiches made at 2 different times of the afternoon, prepared with the Burgen Soya and linseed loaf.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyBaker12021970

It is 8:14 AM, today, Wednesday 14th June 2017, and my blood glucose reading is 5.6 mmol/L.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

@OrsonKartt - Our Blood Sugars can rise not just by foods that we eat. But, also when we are ill, have infections, stressed, worried and taking some medications can raise Blood Sugars too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JohnnyBaker12021970

Good afternoon, my dear friends,

I haven't, if I'm honest, been sticking to the LCHF diet in the past few days, owing to money problems and giving money and food bought with it away. I went to the West Norwood St Luke's Church Food Bank on Friday and received alot of food. Yesterday I ate quite alot, a big bag of original Doritos, some Belgian Chocolates (naughty!) some pineapple juice a tin of sweetcorn and two pieces of breaded fish. Today, so far I've eaten 2 tuna crusty rolls and one corned beef crusty roll. My comfort eating is probably to do with high stress levels due to unbalanced relationships and some meltdowns in my Asperger Syndrome. My blood glucose reading at 3:43 pm today Saturday 17th June 2017 AD was 5.1 mmol/L.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. JohnnyBaker12021970

Good morning, my lovely, revered friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life thread of the Diabetes Forum,

I am writing to inform you all that a nice data analyst from http://www.diabetes.co.uk assisted me to change my Username from autisticwonder1970 to my personalised Username, @JohnnyBaker12021970 out of respect and gratitude and great love to all the people on the Forum. I was having a bit of difficulty and Prit (Data Analyst) was positively lovely and helpful. I had to clear my browsing history on my Acer Chromebook to eradicate any information or data which would prevent me from logging in. Prit was patient, humble and kind to me as were the other www.diabetes.co.uk administrators.

This morning, in my daily activities I've drunk 2 cups of coffee with no milk and 3 sugars each regrettably. I'd run outz of Coffeemate Light and granulated sucralose sweetener. I get paid tomorrow when my carer collects my pocket money so I'll be able to buy it then.

My blood glucose after the coffee and before administering by mouth my medications was very good, 5.2 mmol/L, very good fasting reading.

Much love and best wishes, thinking of you all.

Johnny Baker (@JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and a mild learning disability. xXx.

• Like Like x 4
  7. JohnnyBaker12021970

Good afternoon, my friends,

Just had my lunch - late lunch - of boiled potatoes in their skins, boiled cauliflower and boiled broad beans. I had a lovely refreshing, hygienic shower, too, and washed with Radox shower gel. Just watching Revelation Christian Television on Sky Channel 581.

Best wishes and deep, considerate love for you all,

Johnny Baker (@JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and a mild learning disability. xXx.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JohnnyBaker12021970

Good evening, my friends,

My blood glucose, this evening, 5:24 post meridian, today, Monday 19th June 2017 anno domini, is a slightly hyperglycaemic 7.5 millimoles per litre.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JohnnyBaker12021970

I awoke this morning, 8:05 ante meridian British Summer Time today on Thursday 22nd June 2017 Anno Domini, and had a tomato sandwich with 1 thinly sliced tomato and 2 slices of Bloomer White Crusty Bread with sesame seeds sprinkled over the crust.

My blood glucose reading was 6.8 millimoles per litre.

A very good morning to you, my friends, with much love, from Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

• Like Like x 4
  10. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JohnnyBaker12021970

I awoke this morning and let Lee in who was ringing on my door-entry phone who had called around to visit me and watched C-Beebies after switching channels from Disney Channel UK where a very violent and obstreperous KC Undercover was playing which was beginning to really upset me because I don't understand how a television programme, acting or not, fantasy or not, can depict people hitting and kicking each other as I wasn't brought up to hit and kick people and have always been passive and gentle which was taught to me by my parents, who, like myself, don't approve of violence in the television and film industry.

I had a tomato sandwich with a Sainsbury's classic round tomato sliced into four medium sized slices on a sandwich consisting of Bloomer crusty white bread with sesame seeds sprinkled over the crust. My blood glucose after administering orally just after eating and applying my Lixisenatide GLP-1 injection at 8:43 ante meridian British Summer time on Friday 23rd June 2017 anno domini was a concerning 12.2 millimoles per litre bearing in mind I wasn't able to comply by the LCHF diet in spite of @debrasue's very kind and caring post sent to myself in the last few days kindly advising and imparting to me healthy LCHF ingredients to buy. The other reason why the blood glucose level was a bit high was because I failed to wait at least 2 hours after eating before testing, giving it time to pass through my digestive tract and metabolise.

12. 13lizanne

Hello Johnny,
    I'm sorry that the TV programme upset you this morning, you did the sensible thing by changing the channels :) Will you let us know what your blood glucose level was after the two hours following your sandwich?
    I hope that the remainder of the day is pleasant for you. Say "hello" to Lee from us

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. JohnnyBaker12021970

My blood glucose reading after getting home from the Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital outpatients department where I saw my senior clinical psychologist called Siobhan for session 7 of my cognitive behaviour therapy for my Asperger Syndrome's difficult emotions was a very healthy 4.8 millimoles per litre. In my CBT session, we tweaked my routine schedule timetable and put more convenient, realistic activities for me to follow. Siobhan also helped me to identify the low mood/demotivation cycle that I often find myself in and when I have low mood, demotivation in the future try and and do more activity to counteract the inertia. I've just eaten another tomato sandwich and a can of Sainsbury's Basics new potatoes.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. JohnnyBaker12021970

My blood sugar, this evening, 8:09 post meridian British Summer Time, today, Friday 23rd June 2017 Anno Domini after eating a can of Tesco everyday value chilli con carne and a can of Tesco everyday value new potatoes plus 2 coffees with 2 sugars each (I'm getting low on sweetener) was a very good 5.9 millimoles per litre. I feel very well and Lee came around and we watched Disney's The Lodge together about a singing school for teenagers on Disney Channel UK.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

How is everyone?

Must be enjoying the good weather?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Sleeping pattern gone weird again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. JohnnyBaker12021970

I took my morning medications at 6:00 ante meridian British Summer Time on Sunday 25th June 2017 Anno Domini of 10 milligrammes of Ramipril, 10 milligrammes of Amlodipine, 2.5 milligrammes of Bendroflumethiazide, 1000 milligrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride, 200 milligrammes of Carbamazepine (Tegretol) ,80 milligrammes of Atorvastatin and 400 microgrammes of Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and I also administered subcutaneously my Lixisenatide 20 microgramme Glucagon-Like Peptide injection.

I haven't had anything to eat yet, but I very naughtily, and compulsively had a cup of coffee with milk and 2 sugars. I also drank several glasses and cups of tap water.

My blood glucose reading was a very good 5.5 millimoles per litre, today, 8:20 ante meridian British Summer Time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 13lizanne

I've been Busy, busy, busy @ickihun are you going to nap today to make up for the early start?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ditto! I've been drinking so much water I keep waking up at stupid o'clock for the toilet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook