What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Turkey salad with mayo (usually have cheese but dropped it now

I love anything mixed with mayo. Turkey, chicken, egg, lamb, even burgers. I like throwing mustard in too for a change of pace. I usually top celery sticks with it but I have just tossed steamed cooled green beans in and that is great too. I used to always put it on a big piece of romaine but using celery these days. Gotta mix things up and still keep them the same right?
What do you put in your turkey salad? (besides cheese haha)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yesterday: Same breakfast and lunch. Dinner was tandoori trout with curried green beans

Today:
B: chia pudding
L: Spinach, chicken and cheese omelette
D: Duck salad

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Only an actimel drink and a cup of tea so far. Not sure what to have for dinner as not hungry but feeling a little wobbly. Just tested 6.1 so not hypo.

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello:)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 slices of ham with Cornish cruncher cheddar and olive stuffed with jalapeño

D. Tinned red salmon mashed with balsamic vinegar, with butternut noodles fried in olive oil with onion and minced garlic. It was delicious!

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Change of plan...windy and wet in Scotland so roast chicken and roasted red peppers and shallots in olive oil for me tonight...yum.

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. Coffee with cream and sweetener.
No lunch.
T. Mug of tea with milk and sweetener, and three peanut butter cookies.
S. Toasted LIDL high protein roll with crab terrine, some radishes. Two squares of G&B 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
Some walnuts and hazelnuts (stocked up at Christmas).

After 9pm a couple of 187ml bottles of Californian Merlot, babybels and peperamis.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: half Lidl roll with peanut butter
L: tuna & rocket salad
D: courgetti with fish pie filling; ricotta cake with cream

Reactions: 4 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
BF guac and celery and radish
L handful steamed green beans with sautéed mushrroms and turkey salad with mayo
D will be tilapia topped with guac and pico with broccoli

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The not being hungry didn't last long. Just had Tesco healthy living range chicken curry with chickpea and lentils rice ( haven't eaten else today so allowed myself that). Date and banana seed shot. A pear and some blueberries and a yogurt. Really enjoyed that so may try fasting more often.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Didn't have duck salad in the end, had Thai prawn and mushroom soup: prawns, mixed mushrooms, chicken stock, fish sauce, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, spring onions and chilli.

Knocked down with some fizz!

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday: Same breakfast and lunch. Dinner was tandoori trout with curried green beans

Today:
B: chia pudding
L: Spinach, chicken and cheese omelette
D: Duck salad

Recipe for the chia pudding? What's the carb content of that?

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't have breakfast.

Lunch: Some spinach, celery, cucumber, half an avocado, 3 ounces of protein (ham/cheese) and few Nairn oatcakes as knew I wouldn't be eating for a while.

Late dinner: Some broccoli and kale, two beef burgers with mushrooms, pepper and some spice.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made some low carb blueberry cakes this evening. So need to add two cakes to my food diary. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soooo

B: coffeencream
L: dogwalk followed by 6 inch steak and cheese subway sub on the lowest carb bread (thats 38g carbs). The intention was to watch Mr B eat a 12 inch sub while i ate the innards of mine, and toyed with a bit of crust. Have you ever had one of these? The bread is insubstantial and v absorbant. Extracting the goo and filling was difficult, and i ate more sub than intended. Which was disappointing, because while the filling was nice, the bread was really meh.
D: beef and veg stew with some very disappointing low carb dumplings.

Does anyone have a decent LC dumpling recipe? Cos I sure as heck don't!

Reactions: 3 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Recipe for the chia pudding? What's the carb content of that?
16 g chia seeds, 70ml almond milk, 3 tsp Splenda, 1 tbsp cocoa (must be good stuff, Green and Blacks is really good). Mix and let it set, at least an hour, I do it overnight. 3g carbs.

Reactions: 5 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I love anything mixed with mayo. Turkey, chicken, egg, lamb, even burgers. I like throwing mustard in too for a change of pace. I usually top celery sticks with it but I have just tossed steamed cooled green beans in and that is great too. I used to always put it on a big piece of romaine but using celery these days. Gotta mix things up and still keep them the same right?
What do you put in your turkey salad? (besides cheese haha)
I actually buy it from Subway (there's one on the ground floor of my office building). I usually just have the normal lettuce, toms, cucumber & green peppers.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Soooo

B: coffeencream
L: dogwalk followed by 6 inch steak and cheese subway sub on the lowest carb bread (thats 38g carbs). The intention was to watch Mr B eat a 12 inch sub while i ate the innards of mine, and toyed with a bit of crust. Have you ever had one of these? The bread is insubstantial and v absorbant. Extracting the goo and filling was difficult, and i ate more sub than intended. Which was disappointing, because while the filling was nice, the bread was really meh.
D: beef and veg stew with some very disappointing low carb dumplings.

Does anyone have a decent LC dumpling recipe? Cos I sure as heck don't!

Subway will do a salad bowl for you. I have one most days now.