What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hi Grant - this thread's really getting people together :)
This morning I remembered to test before my first cup of ceoffee, but like yesterday was 6.4 again. I am not happy with this as I'm nearly always in the 5s and occasionally lower. I am now looking for the cause but already have my suspicions.

You seem to be in a different time zone - are you outside the UK? Oz maybe?
Hi Daisy,
Since taking Mets for almost 21days now, i saw my BG down from 16 to an daily average of 9-10 mmo/L.
Question: my fasting BG is still high at average 8-9 despite me having mostly a VERY low carb supper meal & i am very stressed on how to get these numbers lower
My lifestyle has taken a drastic change since , so have my eating habits, it just feaks me out each time when i eat a little more carbs.
What's your take on this?

Reactions: 4 people

roslynfarm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MY fasting BSLgoes up who stress from overnight carpal tunnel pain/. However, despite this my HbA1C is still 6.1

I find that if I eat a few almonds before going to bed my BSL is lower in the morning fasting reading. A small protein snack appears to help.

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 6.4 in pain again. Leg and back. Numb foot gone. Thanks to @Tim55 's excellent advice/knowledge. :)

Reactions: 9 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine @ 09:15 this morning was 5.8mmol/ml I am on a Insulin Pump for better control 24/7.
I have noticed that some have stated below 5.0 for their blood sugar reading, if you are driving to work or at anytime, the law now states your blood sugar must be above above 5.0 at all times you are driving. If you have a accident now since this alteration from Swansea, your insurance will be invalid and you will get prosecuted to.
This should be known now by all Diabetics, but just a reminder in case anyone wasn't aware. Please be careful out there.
Hi @Johndotcom
I test again before I get in my car as advised. Liver dump normally rises me just nicely.
Thanks for reminder thou. :)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
This week my Fasting BS has been 4.8, 4.6 , 4.7, 4.9 & 4.8 mmol.

Could be due to the fact I've been cycling to work on my old heavy mountain bike, normally i commute on a much lighter road bike.

Reactions: 9 people

bigandyuk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes nurse telling me that I will be on medication for the rest of my life and that I need to increase my Carb intake significantly !!!!!
I have only been testing for two weeks. This mornings reading was 7.3. I am happy with this as two weeks ago when I started it was 13.9. I cannot take Metformin as it makes me very poorly. I am on 40mg of Gliclazide. I have taken up a low carb diet and have lost 8lb in the two weeks since starting. My reading are generally in the low 5's for the rest of the day.

Reactions: 7 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.9 @ 6.12 a.m. 5/2/16. Really pleased with this. I had slice BURGEN before bed cos reading was 5.2 before bed.

Reactions: 8 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have only been testing for two weeks. This mornings reading was 7.3. I am happy with this as two weeks ago when I started it was 13.9. I cannot take Metformin as it makes me very poorly. I am on 40mg of Gliclazide. I have taken up a low carb diet and have lost 8lb in the two weeks since starting. My reading are generally in the low 5's for the rest of the day.
Your making good progress...steady wins the race for life

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm 1.94 never thought about that. Does anyone know?
I wouldn't have thought that your height affects your Blood Sugar levels. Why would it?

My readings were 7.7 at 0745 then I tested again at 0755 and it was 8.2. I think the new meter I am using is faulty or my cold has affected readings. I haven't had such high readings since I've been testing over the last four weeks.

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Daisy,
Since taking Mets for almost 21days now, i saw my BG down from 16 to an daily average of 9-10 mmo/L.
Question: my fasting BG is still high at average 8-9 despite me having mostly a VERY low carb supper meal & i am very stressed on how to get these numbers lower
My lifestyle has taken a drastic change since , so have my eating habits, it just feaks me out each time when i eat a little more carbs.
What's your take on this?
You are doing well in reducing your BG from 16 to 9-10 in 21 days. Don't get stressed (stress will raise your BG).
It does take time to get your BG levels down, it doesn't happen immediately unfortunately. Just keep on doing what you are doing.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All - 5/2/16:)

6.3 at 9am.

Reactions: 10 people