Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Donna - it is my belief that we each have a comfortable blood range, where, in a decent healthy state we each run. For some the numbers are higher or lower than others, and to my mind, accounts, to degree, as to why some people (usually non-D), just sit in a range, no matter what they appear to do.

I think the answer is that if you are at an accepted healthy weight, and you've got your bloods down into the non-diabetic ranges, then not to stress over it too much. I know that may seem easy for me to say, as I have pretty low numbers, but I can honestly say that my body has taken me there, rather than I have metaphorically beaten myself into shape and tortured myself to achieve it.

These days, a consistent diet and lifestyle; course there are days or meals which are sub-optimal, by virtue of circumstances or things going wrong, helps no end as my body seems to have found some imaginary tracks to run along.

My two most recent Hba1cs had gone up a smidge (numbers in my signature), but for the periods leading up to those, I was in a medically pretty stressful place, followed by surgical intervention and recovery, so I can be pleased with that. I will be very interested to see what happens next time around. My weight hardly varies, although I lost a bit around my surgery, which has naturally come back and stabilised again.

I think what I'm saying is, don't try to push your body to a place it's too reluctant to go to. In my view, it will only try to find its own level again, and you could be entering img a yo yo time, even if only a few pounds up and down. Maybe best to let things settle and see how your body goes in its new and healthy state. It may even recover a little more after you finish this regime.

You've done extremely well.

@AndBreathe couldn't have said it better myself .
@Donna go and enjoy your weekend , the 800 Cals will still be here when you get back . We are humans not robots , we need to enjoy ourselves too.

Reactions: 2 people

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I know you are right and I also know I beat myself up over things that I cannot control all the time. Perhaps I should just relax and let my body respond to the care and attention I have been giving it, I think I worry too much all the time.

@Jamrox Yes I will go and enjoy the weekend. It is a Christmas gift from our daughter, so myself and my husband are going to London and staying in a posh hotel and going to see Warhorse ( my favourite). He has already bought some bubbly to set us on our way. Back to plan on Monday.

Thank you both for keeping me grounded!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Confession time . Well Friday TEA time confession .
Chicken wings , I pitta, chicken breast in nandos sauce , sausages , salad then ..... Phish food ice cream which was heaven.
Now to get back. My reckoning is I have to do 2 extra days at the end because of last Friday and today .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Confession time . Well Friday TEA time confession .
Chicken wings , I pitta, chicken breast in nandos sauce , sausages , salad then ..... Phish food ice cream which was heaven.
Now to get back. My reckoning is I have to do 2 extra days at the end because of last Friday and today .
what is ir about Fridays @Jamrox?

Btw, what is phish food ice cream? I thought 'phish' meant going to the loo where you come from? ;):D Or is that 'pish'?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
what is ir about Fridays @Jamrox?

Btw, what is phish food ice cream? I thought 'phish' meant going to the loo where you come from? ;):D Or is that 'pish'?

I don't know why I go off the rails after 6 on a Friday @Pipp , my will power goes . It's a night where I chill , working week is over and I don't think about anything . We sit in the kitchen , listening to Simon Mayo and chat about nothing in particular. My hubby cooks snacky picky food and he has a beer , I sometimes have wine but can take it or leave it.
My diet goes to pot . Usually I'm not to bad though . I think I'm noticing it more because I am being strict about this 8 week thing. To be honest last Friday after I had the chilli and rice made me stricter the next couple of days so it might just be a coping thing.
Anyway onwards and upwards .

Phish food ice cream is a Ben and Jerrys ice cream . Triple chocolate and I love it. Didn't go overboard but I could have eaten the whole tub lol. I'm sure my daughter will oblige and eat it all.

After my tea last night my "bowels" decided to rebel a bit ....well a lot !!! Lol
No more to be said about that lol.

By the way for every day I go off the rails I am going to add a day on the end .Hopefully won't be many .

FBS 6.2 @Clivethedrive before I got up.

Here's to day 14 , quarter of the way in .
Thankfully my knee is improving and we are going for a walk .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well after my night of bowels rebelling I appear to have lost 3lb . I reckon the reason I was stuck at 160 lb for 10 days was because my body was "storing " the pounds in my intestines lol.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Oh dear!! I hope you are feeling better now. My husband has had the same thing due to all the additional vegetables we've been eating.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Oh I did that haha

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I feel his pain DaveNN

Reactions: 4 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I think most of us can imagine... :)

DaveNN

I can't.... However, do Google the funniest joke in the world- as told be the late Clement Freud ( he wasn't dead when he told it). It involves a guy going out for a beer....

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi Guys

Just finished my 8 week diet thing today. 30 day avg BG 5.3 Weight-loss 35.3 lb Now going to LCHF. HbA1c in four weeks

Reactions: 6 people

DaveNN

A superb result. It's such a shame that others seem incapable of doing what you and others ( me included) have done...or continue to do.
I've got 2lb to go, though only started Michael Mosley's ( et al) regime two weeks or so back...as my own weight loss had stalled.
Again, I genuinely salute you!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A superb result. It's such a shame that others seem incapable of doing what you and others ( me included) have done...or continue to do.
I've got 2lb to go, though only started Michael Mosley's ( et al) regime two weeks or so back...as my own weight loss had stalled.

Whoa! That is a level of judgementalism and superiority we rarely see on these boards. How unpleasant.

I suggest that you open your mind to the idea that diabetes (and people) do not all fit your particular ideas of what they should be.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Thanks DaveNN
I prefer to call it the Newcastle Diet than Mosley's as I think the best place for Mediterranean Food is under the Mediterranean. I still have some way to go with weight-loss and want to maintain the control of my blood sugars. But this exceeded my wildest expectations